Nerf bar suggestions

Yes I know the fashion thing is rock slides these days. But much like my clothes I stick to what I like and can use. I’m never out of style! Although I’m never in style either so that may be why. Anyway I digress, I’m wanting to put some nerf bars on my comanche. Don’t want the long down the side of the bed ones just the cab. I can definitely say I doubt I ever rock climb but have been known to play in the mud and go thru water. The nerf bars do help by givin you a ledge to step on to observe the grade ect, plus always thought they looked cool, I’m old ok? Anyway was wondering if anyone has these on and what did you use? I scored a set of smittybuilt for my cherokee and got another set I was gonna thro on the comanche but think they would fit my yj better. Guy didn’t know what those went to. Got a cutting torch and welder so I can put em on whatever I want. Just thought there might be some that would just bolt up. If not it’s torch welder time. Again thank you guys for your knowledge and guidance. Trust me when I say it ain’t been in vain!

When I first got my MJ it had some universal Westin nerf bars on it. Looked like they were either adapted off something else or else this particular set was designed and built on bring-your-kid-to-work day by one of the kids. They didn't last very long, they were only bolted to the pinch welds under the rocker panels, which might have been fine if the pinch welds weren't made out of roof flashing and bondo, but that's a different problem.

But.

images_ePIM_original_25-0835_ov2_w1000_h

https://www.westinautomotive.com/signature-3-nerf-step-bars/2004/toyota/tacoma

Almost all of Westin's tube steps are built with the same tubes, just different brackets to hold them on the different trucks. I don't know what the most easily adapted would be, the Taco was just the first similarly sized truck I looked at where the website said they had stock on it. The tubes themselves just take a bolt into the end cap so it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with some brackets. There's pictures of the mounting system in the install instructions on the page.