87 Drivers Side female seatbelt

Whitaker717

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 8:25 AM, Pete M said:

I do wonder if 80s GM trucks would work.  those have got to be easier to find.

Those are Bendix buckles. Also found in Fords. AMC’s I think was just in house production until the Chrysler buy out when they swapped to the bendix buckles like GM and Ford. 

Oh yeah you can. They are all over the internet. New bucket ones are made and I'm sure if you search GM bench buckle or Ford you might find one. AMC on the other hand is going to be your toughest thing if you want to stay original. You will need to scour the MJ pages and see if someone is selling an 86-87 bench seat. Rear 84-87 XJs might work too. I might have some tan rear XJ belts but alot of AMC owners to fix their issue with the buckles coming apart is to just tape it up good and the belt will function as designed. 

19 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Oh yeah you can. They are all over the internet. New bucket ones are made and I'm sure if you search GM bench buckle or Ford you might find one. AMC on the other hand is going to be your toughest thing if you want to stay original. You will need to scour the MJ pages and see if someone is selling an 86-87 bench seat. Rear 84-87 XJs might work too. I might have some tan rear XJ belts but alot of AMC owners to fix their issue with the buckles coming apart is to just tape it up good and the belt will function as designed. 

Thanks I will take a peek. You know me I can’t be taping stuff up. Lol