Compatibility of parts

Greetings from Finland. I have been trying to find a starter motor for my Jeep Comanche. The engine is J8S 814, 2.1l turbo diesel. So does anyone know the part number and is the Renault and Jeep Cherokee starter motor the same. As long as the engine is 2.1l td. I have found a starter motor of an older model, but I don't dare to order because I don't know if it fits. Mine is from 1991. I tried to search the forum for information on the subject, but could not find it.

You have an 91 with the Renault 2.1L? AMC dropped the 2.1L in the Jeep line up in 86. Youre in a better position than us in the states as that engine is more common over there than it is here. I can’t imagine you would be having issues locating a starter. I can look in my parts manual in the morning and post it here later, but it will be an AMC number and not a Renault one…..actually it might be a Renault number. I’d have to look. And yes the Cherokee also had the Renault 2.1L from 84-86. 

Thanks you. 

Yes it is whit that engine. 

Surprisingly bad market around here. For certain parts. Only a handful of this model have been brought here.

41 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

You have an 91 with the Renault 2.1L? AMC dropped the 2.1L in the Jeep line up in 86. Youre in a better position than us in the states as that engine is more common over there than it is here. I can’t imagine you would be having issues locating a starter. I can look in my parts manual in the morning and post it here later, but it will be an AMC number and not a Renault one…..actually it might be a Renault number. I’d have to look. And yes the Cherokee also had the Renault 2.1L from 84-86. 

Thank you. I start looking the part whit those numbers. 

I am absolutely sure about the engine. The code J8S 814 can be found in the block. The year model of the car may be wrong. According to state information, it would be 1991. But I looked at the vin number, so it seems to be 1989 based on that.