CAD: Oval 4.0L Engine Control Harness Rubber Grommet

Someone on comancheclub asked about a spare grommet a while back and I can't find the post. I CADed up the Oval shaped 4.0L Engine Control Harness Rubber Grommet. It is exact.

These files are free to download. I declare these files as Creative Commons CC0. Anyone can use these files for any application etc...

If you are in need of this grommet, you can 3D print one using TPU. If you want to go overboard, you can make a silicone mold using this same CAD. If there is enough demand, maybe you can convince@Dzimm to print these up and list em for sale. :brows:

Enjoy!

:beerchug:

20231119_122629.jpg

20231119_122635.jpg

20231119_122654.jpg

20231119_122730.jpg

20220622_202425.jpg

20220622_202430.jpg

front-iso.JPG

rear.JPG

rear-iso.JPG

side.JPG

XJ MJ Oval firewall boot.STL XJ MJ Oval firewall boot.STEP

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work on the model!  I'll do some test prints on these and assuming all goes well I'll just preemptively list it so they are available to people without printers. 

Anyone happen to have a Jeep with the wiring pulled out that could test fit one of these grommets?  Want to be sure everything is correct on the final print.

Nice. I actually just got a 3d printer, so I'm thinking of printing one and comparing side by side to the real one.

My previous 3d printer was a clone of the OG makerbot. It was pain to use every time, so I stopped using it. My new one is so, so nice.

The files are still CC0, so anyone can print for any reason etc..

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, H3ADBANG4L1F3 said:

It was me! I actually just stumbled on this post looking for stuff to 3d print at work since we've got a 3d printer at our new location. Thanks for the upload, I'll definitely be using this!

Awesome! let me know how it goes. :L:

5 hours ago, Spinnakerblue89 said:

Although I cannot be sure to the condition of mine; are these normally made from rubber/poly and are these known to break down and need replaced over time? 

These are molded rubber firewall plugs that last a very long time. They just get bastardized by careless Previous Owners who think its cool drilling a hole or slicing in a seam to pass another wire. :mad:

Here's my smaller inside door grommet made of a similar rubber. PO must have taped his eyes closed when cutting a hole for the speaker wire. :doh:

Spoiler alert: This is the next grommet getting CADed up  :brows:

20240112_211512.jpg

20240112_211517.jpg

20240112_211522.jpg