Screw Type Used on Lower Dash and Door Cards

The PO butchered the interior of my comanche and I have found a mixture of drywall screws, self tapping screws, sheet metal screws, zippies and machine screws holding together my lower dash and door handles.

What are the stock screws used on the comanche lower dash and the door handles?

My synopsis:

The three screws retaining the lower dash, just below the steering wheel fasten into sheet metal and are probably machine screws. Possibly 8-32 Phillips Oval Head Screws? The remaining screws on the lower dash are probably self tapping #6 Oval Head Screws as they fasten into plastic studs (some of mine are cracked off). The screw below the ash tray is likely a machine screw. I am not sure about the door handles. It seems the AMC engineers really liked oval head philips as I cannot find those locally at all and I'm sure the OP was not inclined to seek them out. My interior is currently a medley of screws that is for sure. :nono:

Thanks!

20231114_182251.jpg

20231114_182258.jpg

These for the lower dash (picture)

There is a screw behind the ashtray, it’s a self tap with an attached washer. Same as used on the center console in the transmission shifter and transfer case shifter locations. 

The machine screws are for the door handles. 

IMG_5266.jpeg

• Salvagedcircuit changed the title to Screw Type Used on Lower Dash and Door Cards

Thanks @schardein for the incredibly detailed and thorough response :D

Also, thanks for the mcmastercarr link @GonzoTheGreat

I plan on grabbing my set of taps and trying to recover the threads in the doors. If they are non recoverable, I'll drill the next size up and retap.

I'm planning on using slightly longer sheet metal screws as the PO broke some of the plastic studs where the lower dash mounts.

Edit: The door handle screws are M4-0.70 x16mm in length with an oval head profile.

Thanks again!