Cable Transfer case shifter

Does anyone have experience with the cable-type transfer case shifters? Are there ones to buy or ones to stay away from? I know that Azzy and Novak make shifter linkages for these 231s for XJ/MJs, but I'm swapping a 231 into my Eagle (feel free to move this because it isn't directly MJ), so those won't work. 

Right now, I'm really liking this option. I'd go with the flush mounted unit. 
https://jb-custom-fabrication.myshopify.com/products/cable-shifter-single-np231-billet-style-p-n-np231j-1

I went with the knock off Azzy design, it works great but was the most fiddly install imaginable.  I took it apart and put it back together probably in 50 different permutations.

That said, it sounds like you are looking for the cable shifter.

3 hours ago, pizzaman09 said:

I went with the knock off Azzy design, it works great but was the most fiddly install imaginable.  I took it apart and put it back together probably in 50 different permutations.

That said, it sounds like you are looking for the cable shifter.

Yes I am. I’m also considering away linkage for the Comanche

6 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Yes I am. I’m also considering away linkage for the Comanche

There are a lot of different transmission and transfer case combos with the Comanche, I have an AX-15 with an NP231.  I can tell you what my baseline settings were on the linkage if you go with this option.  

3 hours ago, pizzaman09 said:

There are a lot of different transmission and transfer case combos with the Comanche, I have an AX-15 with an NP231.  I can tell you what my baseline settings were on the linkage if you go with this option.  

That would be great! I’ve got an AX-15 and 231 in the MJ

The link attached to the shift arm was mounted with the angle attachment tab bent out and it mounted pointed towards the front of the truck.  On the transfer case bracket I had it installed on the farthest out hole.  After that, I had someone shift it from 2WD to 4Low and adjusted the turnbuckle part accordingly.  All T case positions line up perfectly with the markings in the truck and the shifting is super smooth.  There is a bit of effort to shift from 2wd to 4hi, due to the t case lever angle at the 2wd position, but that is my only complaint.

20230725_204951.JPG.44413617bbd703142e3d39f0a5228867.JPG

16 hours ago, pizzaman09 said:

The link attached to the shift arm was mounted with the angle attachment tab bent out and it mounted pointed towards the front of the truck.  On the transfer case bracket I had it installed on the farthest out hole.  After that, I had someone shift it from 2WD to 4Low and adjusted the turnbuckle part accordingly.  All T case positions line up perfectly with the markings in the truck and the shifting is super smooth.  There is a bit of effort to shift from 2wd to 4hi, due to the t case lever angle at the 2wd position, but that is my only complaint.

20230725_204951.JPG.44413617bbd703142e3d39f0a5228867.JPG

Thank you!