Solar battery maintainer

fiatslug87

Can anyone recommend a good solar battery maintainer? I see tons on Amazon at many price points but want something that will last (I need three of them). Since I retired 2 1/2 years ago the MJs don’t get driven as frequently as they used to. Thanks

• fiatslug87 changed the title to Solar battery maintainer

my buddy bought the cheapest one he could find and that (plus disconnecting the battery) has meant it was ready to go months later.  even a low output one should be able to overcome the battery's natural drain rate.  :L:  

Are you wanting to avoid losing time on clocks and such? I've never had an issue with mine draining batteries when they sit for a month or two at a time. I've also thought about a solar maintainer, but they're a lot more money than one of these guys:

image.png.5e2e3f5137aca679c996657b37f5b96c.png

My other concern is I'd mostly want them to prevent batteries from freezing over winter, but if it's going to turn into a drain any time the thing isn't charging, like during 18-hour nights or when there's snow on the thing, it would sorta defeat the point.  We disconnect batteries and leave them sit outside over winter on half our work fleet, and I haven't noticed any trends of reduced battery life on the seasonal fleet.