1JTMG6415JT200065

anamals53

I just came into possession of a 88 short bed. it was a project started that I will finish.  

1988 Jeep Comanche. 4.0 automatic 2wd 162k original miles. 4.5 inch lift and no death wobble. Very nice interior. Needs some bodywork and paint and a few odds and ends. New parts list: Battery Alternator Rough country 4.5” coils and control arms Rubicon express adjustable track bar Rubicon express adjustable sway bar quick disconnects Skyjacker steering dampener Skyjacker M95 monotube shocks Rough country extended brake lines Rear lift shackles Front rotors Calipers and pads Rear wheel cylinders Drums, shoes, and all new hardware Fuel tank Fuel pump and sending unit Fuel injectors Radiator Thermostat and housing Fan clutch Water pump Flowmaster 40 muffler 97+ header panel Grill, headlights, marker lights Tail lights lenses 32x11.5x15 AT tires Cheap Bluetooth head unit Skar speakers(factory sizes) Pioneer 1000watt amp Winch bumper. this is what I'm starting with, in the process of replacing the head gasket that happened on the way home with it. the prior owner said that it had been sitting since 2006 and was concerned about it making the trip. I knew there would be issues so no big deal. thanks for all the advice and information ahead of time. just to start which tailgate handle will interchange?

837568540_Thebeginning-anamals53@gmail.com-Gmail.mhtml

• anamals53 changed the title to 1JTMG6415JT200065
*B1 TRIM STYLE B1 - CLOTH & VNL BENCH SEAT
-YY  
AGC  
APA MONOTONE PAINT PACKAGE
BCQ Battery - Maintenance Free
CBA BENCH SEAT - STRAIGHT BK
CGX Head Restraints-Outboard Seating, RR
DGS TRANSMISSION-4SPD. AUTO,AISIN WARNER
ERB ENGINE - 4.0L I6 MPI GAS
GAC ALL WINDOWS - TINTED GLASS
GSC MIRROR - RIGHT BLACK
HAA AIR CONDITIONING - FRONT
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP
K60 BODY SIDE MOLDINGS - VINYL
KD8 DELETE TAPE STRIPE COLOR SEPARATION
LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
MDA FRT LICENSE PLATE ATTACH REQUIRED
NAA ESA W/CATALYST (EXC CALIF SYSTEM)
NHQ Transmission Heater
PYB  
QYB  
RAC RADIO - AM/MTR
SBA POWER STEERING
TBG SPARE TIRE - COMPACT
WMC BASE WHEEL DRESS - UP (INCLS TRIM RING)

Build date 5/6/88

Body code TL61

Sold by RICHARD KELLEY BUICK INC, GAINESVILLE FL

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

I have never seen that description before. This wouldn’t surprise me if this was a custom order thing. 

our search function shows like 20 total. 

• 4 months later...

on 7/31/2023 at 6:30 1JTMG6415JT200065 aka Mater met his end. having to stop hard because the cars ahead 3-4 seconds stopped in the hammer lane because a blue light was flashing a half a mile ahead. because the road sloped to the left and the rear brakes locked the back slid around to the left leaving me fighting it coming all the way around. in a sideways drift I crossed 2 lanes till a freightliner tried to come in the pass door. Impressed that I walked away I found another 88 for a project .

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

I would like to introduce. 1JTMR65T1JT200090 my new 88 project.it is in rougher shape than the last but runs better and is already 4x4.so far a reman steering box, new exhaust, shocks sway bar links, and in the process of new coils. Ordered some for a 4x4 but it seems that it has rwd springs from the factory. So return the 4wd springs and got new rwd on the way. Going through Cruisers check list in the mean time.It's got some floor board and driver rocker replacing with a bit on the driver side wheel well on the bed. Got a new driver fender an a set of 88 doors .

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg