Heat / Blower

You people are probably getting sick of me already... Been here a week and all I do is ask dumb questions and post WTB Parts requests...

I think I have some kind of Heat/Blower issue.

AC setting(s) seems to work, blows cool air from the dash vents

"Vent" setting blows air through front vents

"Defrost" Blow up thru the top Defrost Vents (and it gets Warm)

but

"Heat" setting blows nothing through the front vents...

Luckily I live in Cali. where a "cold" morning is like 30 Degrees and that's only a couple times a winter. The cab area is so small that the defrost probably would be fine to keep everything toasty, but sometimes it would be nice to get so "lower" heat!

SW2

The HEAT setting will only blow at the hump in the center of the dash near your feet. Remember heat rises.... :roll:

Other than that sounds like everything is working correctly.

CW

DOH!... See Stupid ?'s... I'll go out and check that here in a few...

yeah, if you want to get warm, leave it on vent. The HVAC system is the same as an XJ, and probably designed for the interior capacity of them, which means they really heat up an MJ cab great. So much so that once I'm warmed up, I slide the heat lever over to 1/2 way and am nice and comfortable. Leaving it at full "hot" it gets unbearable.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply guys... "Heat" Setting pump out on the lower vent as advertised (I guess I really should find an Owners Manual)...

Now if I can just finger out the Interior Fogging Issue... sheesh..

SW2

if you're realllly realllly cold put it on MAX a/c and slide her over on heat... it recirculates the in-cab air and re-heats-and-re-heats-and so on and so forth til you're baking. jamminz.gif

if you're realllly realllly cold put it on MAX a/c and slide her over on heat... it recirculates the in-cab air and re-heats-and-re-heats-and so on and so forth til you're baking. jamminz.gif

That's something I didn't know. :eek: Won't your A/C compressor be running? I'll have to try this.

That's something I didn't know. :eek: Won't your A/C compressor be running? I'll have to try this.

Only if your A/C works in the first place. :nuts:

And actually the A/C will run in defrost mode also. The point is to help remove the moisture from the air and dry it out faster inside the cab to help with foggy windows.