HellFire 6x6

Jeep_Rat

The Jeep Gladiator, named HellFire, is heavily modified by Florida-based car outfitter Apocalypse.

500 horsepower 6.2-liter V8, or a supercharged Dodge Hemi Hellcat engine that launches the truck from zero to 60mph in 3.7 seconds.

HellFire’s 6x6 design doubles the original Gladiator's towing capacity from 6,000 pounds to 12,000.

https://www.the-sun.com/motors/7183266/inside-luka-doncics-apocalypse-jeep/inside-luka-doncic-s-apocalypse-789933842.webp.d28cafbb8b520bdb19573d63c57fd0a1.webpinside-luka-doncic-s-apocalypse-789923975.webp.1817944c0a45fc48e975734377ba2794.webpinside-luka-doncic-s-apocalypse-789923987.webp.35fbb2993a6cd372d5caa20f869ef587.webp

for maximum "look at me!!" :D 

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm inclined to guess that none of those physical changes actually increased the official tow rating by even 1 pound because the VIN number never changed.  :dunno:  

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

for maximum "look at me!!" :D 

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm inclined to guess that none of those physical changes actually increased the official tow rating by even 1 pound because the VIN number never changed.  :dunno:  

Upfitters can change legal weight ratings without changing the VIN, so long as they’re following proper procedure to do so. I won’t say it happens all the time with commercial trucks, but it is a thing that happens. But it’s definitely easier with truck frames where the frame is the same between trucks, and you’re just adding more or beefier axles and suspension underneath them.

But I won’t make any pretense of having any idea what these guys did or didn’t do.