Recommendations for Sound Deadening/Insulation

23 hours ago, Pete M said:

The padding underneath is heat insulation. You might notice if it's missing.  :(

Yea riding around with nothing on my floor you can feel the heat coming off the trans tunnel, which sometimes is nice when you put fast food bags in between the seats haha

-If I put much sound deadening on the floor, I'll be very considerate as far as to not trap water.

-I think my water leaks will be fixed after I address the antenna grommet, fuse panel, and there is a almost ignorable amount of water dripping in from the back window, but I got an original 3 piece from the parts truck that I'm gonna install anyways.

-Not sure if I'll keep that cloth pad or not in addition to the sound deadening. There's still a lot of pieces of rust stuck to the bottom of it from the rotted out parts truck, it may be pretty torn apart by the time I have all of those removed.

18 minutes ago, WahooSteeler said:

I put Noico 80 mil in my truck and was very pleased, especially at the price on Amazon. I just read a review on a product called Soundskins that is a 3 layer product vs the typical 2 layer of butyl rubber and aluminum backing. A bit pricey but got a good review. 

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/soundskins-sound-deadening-wrangler-jl/

That sound skins stuff is nice :L: