Sway bar size?

My sway bar bushings and bracket bushing are pretty much completely destroyed. So I checked autozone and they say there is 4 different sizes of sway bars for the jeep: 7/8, 15/16, 1, and 1 1/8" bars. Was there really this many different sizes of bars available on this truck? Is there any way to find out what size without just taking off the bracket and matching it up with a new one?

All four were not used on the MJ but they were used on the XJ. The biggest one was used on the XJ Wagoneer Limited.

To measure I just use a set of open end wrenches. Whichever one barely fits onto the bar (and sometimes it's almost a light press fit) is the size of the bar.

All four were not used on the MJ but they were used on the XJ. The biggest one was used on the XJ Wagoneer Limited.

To measure I just use a set of open end wrenches. Whichever one barely fits onto the bar (and sometimes it's almost a light press fit) is the size of the bar.

That makes sense, thanks for the wrench tip, I will do that.

LOL

I have three dial calipers, two digital calipers, and a couple of micrometers. But front sway bars are usually dirty and messy, and I just don't see the point of measuring to three decimal places when the tolerance is an eighth of an inch. The open end wrenches are handy, easy to use, and easy to clean up after "measuring."