towing

martywarner

Het guy just bouncing some ideas off of you. I am moving back to thunder bay On and am gonna be towing my 87 2wd with my 89 2wd no i thought about putting the 87 on one of those u haul dollies backwards so i don't need to remove my shaft. but i think that is gonna get a bit hairy on the triwsties running along lake superior. so i guess i will be stuck putting the truck on forwards and removing the shaft. just looking to see if anyone else has towed there manche with another and wondering what i should expect. :Canadaflag:

thanks for the help guys jamminz.gif

marty.

When in doubt tach her out

2wd, I'd put it in neutral and roll. You should be fine if you're careful.

I flat towed my YJ with a 1993 XJ (4x4) from Wilton, NH to Austin, TX. I took the shafts out of the YJ and rolled on to Texas. It got hot and hairy trying to stop a few times but we made it fine.

id call u-haul first before a do anything, they are very anal about your equipment even though a Comanche could very easily handle the task if the 2 vehicles are close in weight u-haul will not rent you the equipment.

i tried this with my S10 and they said since they are too close in size they would not rent it to me. .....tell them you are pulling a Geo metro or a smart car.