Collapsible posts/responses?

Dzimm

Is there a way to add functionality for the owner of a thread to "collapse" responses in their thread?  My thought is for threads that fill up with less important info to the post itself, those responses could be set to collapsed by default when the thread is opened to make it easier for people to follow later on and if the viewers wanted to, they could click to expand the collapsed post and still read those posts.  An "expand all" option would probably be important to people as well so they don't have to click each post individually to reveal it.  Visually it would look similar to the single lines that show up in threads when a change is made to the original post. 

example:

user 1 - thread title

post content post content post content post content post content 

post content post content post content post content post content 

signature

signature

user 2 - 

post response post response post response post response post response 

signature

signature

signature

user 3 - (reveal post)

user 4 - (reveal post)

user 5 - 

post response post response post response post response post response 

signature

signature

I'm not sure how this forum is setup so not sure how hard this would be to implement or if it is even a route the overseers of our great forum would like to go.  Just figure it would be great to help people clean up threads a bit if its possible.  

On a separate note, does the "hide" button currently available on your own post have a way to unhide it?  I've played around with it a bit and it doesn't appear to give the user a way to unhide it as that post disappears without a trace.

I understood. 😁  I have a lot of comments and random posts that fill up the build journal making it hard to follow and keep up and furthermore keeping people from really checking in altogether. Also be faster with load times a day all, especially with pics. I figured most still on dial Up like me . :pcwhack: I wanna say it can be done but that be under a paid version.. something about word countingand data blah blah. :dunno:

7 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

I understood. 😁  I have a lot of comments and random posts that fill up the build journal making it hard to follow and keep up and furthermore keeping people from really checking in altogether. Also be faster with load times a day all, especially with pics. I figured most still on dial Up like me . :pcwhack: I wanna say it can be done but that be under a paid version.. something about word countingand data blah blah. :dunno:

Damn pay walls.