New Ford Maverick PU

Manche757

Target market buyer:   FMC may have decided that many potential buyers are priced out of the F-150 market; not everyone has $60K for a new truck or wants to pay that even if they do.  Although the Ranger is less, it is still more than some might want to pay.  Before this truck, FMC did not have an entry for the lower price market buyer.  The company may be using variable cost for setting the selling price; materials and labor included  but factory overhead costs excluded.  Soooo, if they want to offer a lower cost truck but not give away the store and interfere with Ranger sales, they would want to limit some features intentionally.  In this case the bed was shortened.  At 40mpg, gas savings wipe out a big part of a payment.

Another example of not giving away the store is with the cost of your ISP.  It cost no more for the ISP to provide speed at a higher price than at a lower speed.  In fact, the ISP intentionally cuts the speed back to offer a lower cost alternative.

The consumer cast $ votes.  Those with more money that want more and bigger features already have those choices.

For the average tuck owner, excluding work trucks, what percent of the miles driven is with an empty bed?

As it sits now my 05 Mazda 6 wagon can haul longer items than the Maverick can. I can carry 8 ft long lumber inside the car. Not a lot, but enough for most any project l need to do on my house. I even put 4 12 foot trim boards out through the passenger side window. :laugh2: