1992 Base Comanche

I always wanted one of these, but never devoted much thought to it. Old buddy of mine calls me out of the blue and says his neighbors have one under a tarp that just makes dump runs once a month or so. Couple hours later, cash changes hands and I drive her home. 

She has 246,000 miles and seems to be a bone stock model with just 4WD added. Starts and runs just fine. Seems to have a vacuum leak (at least it sounds like one) and idles a bit rough (almost like a weak miss), but runs like a champ on the road. Body is straight as an arrow.

Only major issues (so far):

Windshield Leaks (I can only assume this means I have rust on the floor, winter project)

Wipers don't work (Looks like the 5.5 amp circuit burnt out due to water from windshield)

Blown front right shock

Interior lights are kinda shot (one insturment lamp out, both pillar lights)

Looks like PCV needs to be replaced (oil in air filter)

Clearcoat on roof and hood is shot (canopy roof too)

20220830_194011.jpg

20220830_194027.jpg

Yeah I will get it added shortly. As for plans, first is to get all the minor issues fixed, check major problem points (Rust, timing chain, etc) Then......

Possible repaint, still debating original color vs satin gun metal grey

Replace dummy light instrument cluster with multi gague cluster

Swap the gears out to get her to at least 3.73

Headers

62mm throttle body w/new intake manifold

33s

New stereo

Bucket seats and console

Restore miinor body parts and interior, maybe swap in classic front end with tow hooks

Drive the piss out of it. I love this truck, even though it is officially my wife's.......

And once the heads give up the ghost (or before), replace with edelbrock performer head and rollers.....