Grandpa's 1940 Chevrolet Pickup

34 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Over the summer, I was able to find another hood for the truck, along with a windshield frame, which I needed. 
IMG_4436.jpeg.6b278ae62827c2cc1bf9fe723465a721.jpeg

There is a slight issue with the hood, though. This hood is for a 41-46. I need a 39-40 hood. The difference is is the front where the top grille bar is on a 39-40, there is the bottom of the hood. The hood sides are also different. Thankfully, I should be able to trim the front of the hood to work with my grille and I have other hood sides. It’s a shame to modify this hood, but I never found anyone interested in trading this hood for a 39-40 hood

Excellent find! Very cool truck you have there :beerchug:

That’s a good looking truck!  My dad was born in 1946 and over the years has picked up a couple cabs.  I’m trying to talk him out of this one as he doesn’t build much anymore…. It needs, well…. Everything…. I may build it into a rat rod when I retire…

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0887.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Greenjeans said:

That’s a good looking truck!  My dad was born in 1946 and over the years has picked up a couple cabs.  I’m trying to talk him out of this one as he doesn’t build much anymore…. It needs, well…. Everything…. I may build it into a rat rod when I retire…

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0887.jpeg

It looks pretty decent for a starting point. I’m sure you know this, but the windshield frames are hard to find since a lot of them rusted out. Looks like there should be plenty of extra parts around. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 5:44 PM, 89 MJ said:

.........  My great-great grandma and great-great grandpa got into the hobby when they restored a 1914 Overland that they pulled out of a dry riverbed. We have pictures of it at home.

Did you ever find those pics?   This is not one of those big fish got away stories is it? :dry:

13 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

Did you ever find those pics?   This is not one of those big fish got away stories is it? :dry:

I know exactly where they are, I’ll have to get them when I get home in May.