a little excitment at work today...

dfreeman616

11024758499e0cfc4.jpg

:eek: :eek:

that's a 6.0l super duty red linning due to oil in the turbo intercooler into the cylinders, so being a diesel it over reved right up to max rpm. 30 seconds later, the entire shop was so filled with smoke i couldn't see 3 feet away.

by the way, the oil got there from when the truck rolled. i think the insurance will be totaling this truck...

i work at a ford dealership, and since we have a body shop we regularly get cars that have been in accidents to see if they're worth repairing. the turbo also failed, which caused more oil to get into the intake...so between the 24k in body work (only good panels are the hood, LF fender, and tailgate) and the engine damage, don't think this one's gonna be on the road again.

i work at a ford dealership, and since we have a body shop we regularly get cars that have been in accidents to see if they're worth repairing. the turbo also failed, which caused more oil to get into the intake...so between the 24k in body work (only good panels are the hood, LF fender, and tailgate) and the engine damage, don't think this one's gonna be on the road again.

sucks when you get a "runaway" diesel big rig... cause thye have a few GALLONS of oil in them... they keep revvin for a while, trick is to throw it in high gear and drop the clutch and stuff the intake from air.

Thats awesome...

We had some excitement at work.. we lost the whole mill :eek: they were doing transformer work, and forgot to put some jumpers on an interlock... needless to say we went black. The most exciting part was listening to the pressure release valves popping off when we started back up.. the 150# steam was loud the 400# moved small items... but when the 1200# PRV went off at 3 in the morning... they thought a stteam vessel or something blew apart ;) and some ppl started to run for cover :roll:

i wish i would have used the video function on my phone, but i never do casue it's too short of a record time...

the tech finally got it shut down by spraying down the intake with a fire exstinguisher. don't think i've seen him move that fast before!