WTB Wiper Module

JYau

I need a replacement Intermittent Wiper Module. I'm not sure which years are compatible with others but I need one for an 88 Comanche. The going rate on is eBay is about $50-$60 and most of them don't specify if they are even working or not. 

I'm very handy with a soldering iron and electronics, I actually tried to repair the one I have now. But I found out that it was a much older style module with a mechanical relay that was not in a potted package. The relay had an exposed bobbin where the magnetic wire got corroded and failed. From the video you sent and what I found online, there is a newer design with a different board layout and a potted/packaged relay. That one is much more realistic to repair. To repair the module I have now would require me to manually rewire the bobbin with what looks like a thousand turns of 36 AWG magnetic wire. :sad:

On 7/18/2022 at 2:20 PM, Pete M said:

is there a part number distinguishing the 2 styles? 

I'll look at the box I have. I probably have close to 40 found and organized in one spot. From what I kinda recall about the repairable type, you'd be looking into finding them on like 95 or 96 xj. I find them on Renix though from time to time from guys obviously swapping them out with working or repaired ones. I'm pretty sure some of the YouTube videos cover which year or years to look for. The best I can do is provide the visual differences but I have no clue if there are multiple part number listings that allows for easy rebuild. Many guys just don't understand a lot of MJ never came with intermittent wipers. Xj too. If they didn't, the plugs for the box are just connected with no box. Lol but I find them in Jeeps all the time with no intermittent stalks on the column. Both of my last 92's came with them on bare bone trucks with just high/low stalks. So always reach up behind a knee board to see what's lurking under that column regardless of the column. It's been 30 years so who knows what's been swapped out or changed one owner truck or not.