Shot rear springs

Picked up an MJ for a project to build. There are currently 3" lift springs in the rear that are completely shot. If I stand on the back bumper, it drops the truck about 2-3 inches, and I'm only 150 pounds. :cry:

I'm planning on running about 6" of lift of front, what would be my best option for out back? Replacing the pack with a stock one and going SOA, getting a longer shackle and running the current pack? Adding a few more leafs from something else to stiffen it up a little?

I'm also putting out 330ft/lbs of torque, so axle wrap is a BIG concern.

check your shocks

Won't change the spring rate. His spring rate is 50-75 lbs/inch, which is extreme. I kinda want those springs...

I'm planning on running about 6" of lift of front, what would be my best option for out back? Replacing the pack with a stock one and going SOA, getting a longer shackle and running the current pack? Adding a few more leafs from something else to stiffen it up a little?

Don't shackle lift more than 2". You can add-a-leaf or two for 3", so a combo would get you 5 and would stiffen it up a bit.

If axle wrap was going to be an issue, I wouldn't worry about it being SOA or SUA, as it shouldn't be a huge difference.

Thought about linking it?

check your shocks

Won't change the spring rate. His spring rate is 50-75 lbs/inch, which is extreme. I kinda want those springs...

sounds exactly like my truck. sags like a sum-of-a-bich when i stand on the bumper.

squats probly an inch or two (and i'm 125)

i have the same weak spring issue. i am about 160 and drop the truck 2-3 inches. i consider it a blessing, soft springs = good flex. i was thinking about getting air shocks so i can adjust stiffness if i ever had a load but its hard to get long enough air shocks

I just got some of these and they are great. Tom is a member here with the user name "hellcreek".

3" Leaf Springs from Hell Creek Suspensions

They matched up well to my 3.5" Rubican kit, so adding a small shackle lift may do what you want.

OH...with these springs, I step on the rear bumper and it drops maybe an inch and I weigh 255 ;) .

Don't shackle lift more than 2". You can add-a-leaf or two for 3", so a combo would get you 5 and would stiffen it up a bit.

If axle wrap was going to be an issue, I wouldn't worry about it being SOA or SUA, as it shouldn't be a huge difference.

Thought about linking it?

I have a 1.5" lift shackle laying around that I was thinking I could use. It doesn't matter to me if its SOA or SUA, I just figured there'd be more wrap SOA. My XJ with 4.5" leafs wrap like crazy if I stand on the pedal.

It will be getting linked next winter. This winter is to build it up and get everything working. Next winter is shortening the wheelbase abotu 12", linking it, and bobbing the bed abotu 18". jamminz.gif

I just got some of these and they are great. Tom is a member here with the user name "hellcreek".

3" Leaf Springs from Hell Creek Suspensions

They matched up well to my 3.5" Rubican kit, so adding a small shackle lift may do what you want.

OH...with these springs, I step on the rear bumper and it drops maybe an inch and I weigh 255 ;) .

Thats what I am looking for, its going to be a 90% trail rig, but that other 10% will be putting stuff from Home Depot in the bed. I'd hate to buy a snow blower and have the bed scraping the ground on the ride home. :D