rough country kit???

:USAflag: whitneys has 2 of them but how do I tell which rears I have either the chrysler or danas I have nothing on them so I am a little confused by the differences also how can I tell which one to buy :USAflag:

this belongs in tech.

anyways, the dana 35 rear axle has an oval-shaped diff cover. the chrysler 8.25 rear axle has a circular cover. the dana 35 should be high pinion and the 8.25 is low pinion

:USAflag: whitneys has 2 of them but how do I tell which rears I have either the chrysler or danas I have nothing on them so I am a little confused by the differences also how can I tell which one to buy :USAflag:

this belongs in tech.

anyways, the dana 35 rear axle has an oval-shaped diff cover. the chrysler 8.25 rear axle has a circular cover. the dana 35 should be high pinion and the 8.25 is low pinion

1.) The D35 was never high pinion...only low pinion. ;)

2.) The 8.25 never came in MJs. Only the D35, and the D44. ;) Yours is a 1989, and if the diff cover is oval, its a D35, if it looks like this (see pic) then its a D44.

cover_dana44.jpg

this belongs in tech.

1.) The D35 was never high pinion...only low pinion. ;)

2.) The 8.25 never came in MJs. Only the D35, and the D44. ;) Yours is a 1989, and if the diff cover is oval, its a D35, if it looks like this (see pic) then its a D44.

cover_dana44.jpg

aha, you got me.

you're looking at XJ (cherokee) lift kits. you need to not do that and look at the comanche ones. you'll need the Add-a-leaf for the comanche, and the rear shocks are all different. you probably have a dana 35.