Can I adjust the bolts on my throttle cable or do I need to buy a new one?

My gas pedal is sunken pretty far down into the floor and I'm not sure there's any way to adjust them so there's less slack in the line. I found a replacement cable on rock auto which I linked here but it looks like there's just as much slack between the distances of the bolts. Is that much distance in the line normal?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=65254&cc=1181584&pt=5892&jsn=10881

unnamed.jpg

I put a zip tie or two behind the end where it goes through the pedal.  This moved the pedal out and really where I wanted it.

The one thing that took me a moment to get used to is not catching the throttle pedal when hitting the brake while carefully backing up to hitch up a trailer.  The higher throttle was. It was not an advantage in that one situation.

There's different throttle pedals that are bent differently...  or they bend over time.  Not sure which it is.

I put one that was much higher in my XJ because it hit the floor otherwise at full throttle (floor isn't stock shape because doubler).

2 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

Check under the hood and see if there's slack somewhere. Perhaps that odd shaped piece of linkage with the plastic ends? 

I checked under the hood and I think I found the cable. When pulling on the wire on the left, it didn't feel like there was slack in the line. The connection to the bracket felt a little wobbly thought. Might just have to ziptie the pedal up higher in the cab.

IMG-1358.jpg