Comanche Ultra4 pit rig

Figured I'd finally start a thread as I already see this snowballing into a full build. Been keeping an eye out for a nice candidate for a trail rig / pit rig. Iv had my Ultra4 car for about a year now, as cool as it is its not very practical for weekend wheeling. I want something that can hang with the buddies on some hard trails but still drive it whenever I want. So found this 90 2.5L 2wd sitting in a field waiting to die. Gave the guy $700 cash and towed it home. First thing I did was get it running, didn't take much. There was an obvious head gasket issue, so replaced that quick. Then tried to clean up 30 years of dirt inside. Most of it cleaned up nicely, floor pans are shot and someone crudely fixed them. Frame almost has no rust though! Once I knew it ran decent and drove good enough I jumped on Marketplace and pieced together a short arm lift kit. 6" lift, 35's on 15's etc.. Now I need your guys help... This will most likely get an Ls this winter, I have a good idea on what I'm going to do for suspension. But what's the go to axles for these? Ideally TJ/LJ rubi axles, but in my area those are going for $4,500 to $6,500.. For $2k I can throw a set of Super duty 60 one tons in (iv done this one multiple other vehicles). I will throw in some pictures of my last LJ build, that one got alittle carried away.. But like I said, I want to be able to drive this where ever, I don't really want tires sticking completely past the fenders.  Let me know your guys thoughts, now onto pictures! 

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

image1 (27).jpeg

image2 (22).jpeg

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

image0 (37).jpeg

59407E89-F7A6-411D-90BF-7DF19A3E44BE.JPG

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

On an XJ build I am doing, I am going with a Ford 8.8 for the rear and 4.88 gears. Looking at a dana 44 for the front. Probably, a Rubi front axle. Just the housing. Really, depends on what size of tire you plan to run, though.