Average Scrap Value?

Hey everyone!  I know this might sound like a dirty thing to ask around here but what is the average scrap value you guys have seen for a 4x2 shortbed in the Southeast?  I've got the guy down to $700 and I'm most likely going to pick it up even though it's in real sad shape. But it does have some parts off of it I can use, and I figure what I don't use I can part out to the community here before I send it to its final resting place.  It's been left in a field for about the last 15 years.  It's got plants growing in the bed and one of the windows were left open and there is mold all up in the interior bad.  But it has a complete sliding back window which I need and a good tailgate.  I also need all the badges which are still on the vehicle, the coolant reservoir, the windshield wiper reservoir.  There might be a few other odds and ends I can get.  I'm hoping the taillight wiring harness is in good shape and not hacked up like mine.  There's usable parts for others as well such as the front grille and of course there is a lot of trash because it has sat and then it looks like it had kids attack it.  But it sounds like there is a possibility I might be able to get the engine to turn over, if so BONUS.  He said it was running when his grandfather who owned it parked it and later died.  I'm thinking between parts and scrap value I'll get my $700 out of it.

6 minutes ago, ExpatMJGuy said:

I'm thinking between parts and scrap value I'll get my $700 out of it

Id say that’s a safe assumption. $250-400 for scrap in Arkansas last I was there. That being said, I’m sure many can use different body panels if there are any decent ones left

Try to salvage anything that's unique to the MJ, such as the parking brake pedal assembly, the seat brackets (even if the seats themselves are toast), the rear proportioning valve, spare tire winch (if it works) -- things like that.