Paints and Adhesives

saveevryjp1998

I'm just curious who else might be struggling finding very simple things like caulk and paint for home or auto. I'm not sure how many Industries are having this same serious struggle right now. A city and state from those that give input would be great. Shelves here at Indianapolis Lowe's seem 80-90% empty. Gypsum drywall has practically ran completely out like 3 times in the past year or so. There is plant not 3 hours from here not far from where I grew up. It's processed at the coal plant from fly ash which is a byproduct of the burning process. It's not like that stopped. It leaves me with way more questions than answers.

can't really speak for any shortages here since I haven't been doing those sorts of projects lately, but I have noticed that the new house market in my corner of GA never slowed down, not even a little.  there are entire subdivisions popping up all over the place.  If demand is constantly high, it only takes a small glitch to cause local shortages.  The big guys (and their big supply contracts) will always be first in line.  :(

It was like that here for a few months but as of about 4 weeks ago, the stock on all things is through the roof. PPG, 3M and all other brands are stocked more than I’ve ever seen them. Even our local paint shops are stuffed with pallets they have no where to put the product. 
i replied a bit to this in another topic but it seems the extra time and money on peoples hands cleared out dwindling inventories. So you have this supply chain vacuum that was being rushed to fill. Once the products were manufactured then there was so much to ship that logistics got overloaded and bottlenecked. Then labor shortage to stock the shelves etc etc. It finally caught up though here. I suspect that when supplies finally hit most stores and shelves there will be a harsh reality that the consumer doesn’t have the spending power they once had a few months back. That’s what is happening here. Normally we are behind in inventory but being closer to SE Asia finally got us to the front of the supply chain for once. Hopefully a glut of inventory will help stabilize the prices albeit temporarily.