sway bar

hi guys

this problem is on my xj not my mj but I thought i would throw it out there.

my xj has two inch lift and the say bar disconnects hit the track bar holder and the sway seems to be 50mm to narrow.

does anyone now the dimension  of the overall width of a sway bar  

thanks

sway bar 1.jpg

sway bar 2.jpg

sway bar problem - NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association

Don't know if this is your post on NAXJA. I am looking at the 50mm. It looks to me, that is a shock mount. ???? I am having a similar problem. Mine is that I have Ruff Stuff front frame stiffeners and Bad Dad Fab front hidden winch bumper. so, 3/16 + 3/16 = 3/8 added to one side of the frame rail. My plan is to use a WJ sway bar. They are ro8ughly 5 inches wider. So, 2-2.5 width per side. I do have a set of JKS QDs. I also went with an OME WJ sway bar. It is actually 28mm like the HD swaybar for the XJ/MJ. I have some fixed or adjustable sway bar links I plan to modify and use. I do have Ironman 4X4 sway bar brackets, as I run an OTK setup on that XJ. Way over kill on a 2" lift. Still, some of the curves I take in WV, it is justified. Maybe ask the Ford Truck that resides down the mountain on my property.  I think they removed the motorcycle from about 5 years back. 

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

are we sure this is a 2" lift?  that looks like a drop bracket for the track bar. 

I was describing my 'issue' with the XJ I have (as seen in Carlise) and my solution.  The OP did not list what lift he has. 

55 minutes ago, Pete M said:

he states "my xj has two inch lift".  :L:  the photo shows a lot of aftermarket parts.  enough aftermarket stuff that I'm wondering if there's a typo. :dunno:

You are correct. Mine is also a 2" lift with lots of aftermarket parts. Mine is probably as well built or better than other taller lifts. I would like to see a head on shot of the setup. Particularly the track bar bracket. From the photo, it looks to lean a bit out. Could be the camera angle.  Also, it would help to know what make is the trackbar setup. Also, is the steering wheel centered? Or does the axle need to be shifted a bit??? 

is the axle perfectly centered left to right?  it appears that the drivers side disconnect could give a bit to the pass side by scooting the axle over towards the drivers side maybe an inch.

On 11/9/2021 at 8:40 PM, Aussiemj said:

sway bar 1.jpg

I think I might have found the issue with the contact.  the JKS were not likely designed for that particular drop bracket.  the factory ones are not straight down that outer edge and would likely clear the disconnects easily.   

IMG_20211110_210201_215.jpg