Bent rear shock bolt

While working on my brakes, I decided to go ahead and replace my shocks. I was "shocked" to find that one of the bolts was bent. See picture:

DSC01280.jpg

I stopped by NAPA and asked if they had one. The clerk immediately said, "Salvage Yard!"

Is that true? Unless it's outrageously high, I'd just as soon order one. Any ideas where to find it?

Thanks,

Robert

While working on my brakes, I decided to go ahead and replace my shocks. I was "shocked" to find that one of the bolts was bent. See picture:

I stopped by NAPA and asked if they had one. The clerk immediately said, "Salvage Yard!"

Is that true? Unless it's outrageously high, I'd just as soon order one. Any ideas where to find it?

Thanks,

Robert

If you decide to try the dealer to get one (who knows, they may surprise you :roll: ) be advised that the left is not interchangible with the right and the LWB and SWB shock mounting plates are different also.

There's a U-Pull-It nearby. I called and they have an 86 and an 89 MJ there. I'm going to try them this weekend. That's good to know about the difference in the short vs. long beds. Mine is a long bed.

If they don't have what I need, I may be getting back with you Rock...

Regards,

Robert

I'm not sure, but I believe the LWB and SWB are the same, but reversed as to which side they go on because one mounts the shocks forward of the axle and the other mounts them to the rear of the axle.

They are different from side to side, though (mirror image), so be sure you get the one that matches yours (unless you buy both sides off one vehicle).