replacement EGR for renix 4.0

Anyone know where to source a replacement EGR and transducer for a renix 4.0 (1989)?  I have used info found on the forums to determine the part # is 5300 4867 and its NLA.  I crossed with every other manufacturer's part number and they are all NLA.  Last one to carry this was NAPA and they are NLA.  Ebay and mopar parts sites came up empty. 

So....Are there any other EGR's out there that can be modded to work?  I recall someone found a transducer from oreilly (G28012) that might work, so I ordered that to try and swap but haven't found anything on a possible EGR that can work.  I don't really want to delete it.   

Any help is appreciated.  

egr pic napa.png

All the ones

4 hours ago, Chargum85 said:

Got mine from Rockauto -- part number 4F1413.  Looks a lot different but gets the job done.

It looks different because this one has the transducer located in the EGR body, which is why the body on it is so comparatively massive.  Someone on NAXJA said these don't pass CA emissions, but I don't think anyone particularly cares if that's true :laugh:

OK guys .  Thanks for the reply. 

Just a question about using the 4F1413 unit.  Are u just hooking up the VAC line from manifold directly to the EGR and eliminating the external transducer altogether?  Does it still work correctly?  Do you have a pic of what it now looks like installed?  

OK..some clarification.  It appears that some 88 and 89 EGRs were different.  It almost looks like the 88 had an internal transducer (much bigger EGR) and the 89 was smaller EGR but with external transducer setup.

The 89 is shown with external transducer (part # 4F1412- which is NLA) , and the 88 with internal transducer (part #4F1413- still widely available).

Anyone know if the 88 EGR will just bolt up in place?  The base looks a little different but its very close.  Does the vac line need to be modded?  

Could this be a workaround for a part that is NLA (no longer available)?

image.png

egr pic napa.png

• 4 months later...
On 8/22/2021 at 7:46 PM, 10thta said:

OK..some clarification.  It appears that some 88 and 89 EGRs were different.  It almost looks like the 88 had an internal transducer (much bigger EGR) and the 89 was smaller EGR but with external transducer setup.

The 89 is shown with external transducer (part # 4F1412- which is NLA) , and the 88 with internal transducer (part #4F1413- still widely available).

Anyone know if the 88 EGR will just bolt up in place?  The base looks a little different but its very close.  Does the vac line need to be modded?  

Could this be a workaround for a part that is NLA (no longer available)?

image.png

egr pic napa.png

I have an '88 with the black plastic transducer thing (can't find replacement anywhere) 

It sounds like the more universal part #4F1413 bolts up and looks like you could just plug existing vac line into it. Did you have to do any mods? Does it perform as it should? thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the "standard" one without the transducer, you can see the size difference. It does bolt up but because of the size, almost impossible to get a good angle to get both bolts tight, also the vacuum line is clearly not meant for it so I put the old one back on. The reason why I wanted to replace is when I took the old one off to clean, it does not hold vacuum well, there is no check engine light and no seemingly performance issue except possibly high and wondering idle but I manually adjusted lower to help. Does anyone know where to find a replacement original (smaller) EGR with the transducer thing?

thumbnail_IMG-4793.jpg.8570777664636fe462f3cb0422b5b989.jpg

9 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

Where is the original leaking vacuum?

The line is there but not connected in the pic, I don't believe the line is leaking and looks to be in good condition but its also not shaped and long enough to fit comfortably with the replacement/larger single EGR. The issue was taking the original one off for cleaning, I compressed the valve and plugged the hole, it did not hold the vacuum in the valve well hence why I think it needs to be replaced. 

1 hour ago, cruiser54 said:

I don't think that's a good test. 

Most important is that the pintle seals to the body of the eGR with no vacuum. You can test by blowing on it with your mouth. 

So blow on the upper vacuum port when its bolted up to make sure it doesn't leak air back into manifold?

23 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

Put the mounting flange up to your mouth and see if you can blow air past the pintle. 

ok took it back off and tried that test, by pintle seals is that the circular hole at the bottom? that one does seem to hold air. The upper more oval shape one seems to slightly let air by. Not sure if this is still good or not but can't seem to find a replacement anyway. Thanks 

unnamed.jpg

4 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

So that means it's not opening and letting exhaust gasses into the intake, which is good. 

What is your concern? 

Only concern was its bad and can't find a replacement but it should be good enough for now. thanks