Collin's 2nd MJ: Project "Mighty Mouse"

Well as some of you probably know I was looking to sell my other Comanche to get a new "project" one. Well, turns out I had no reasonable offers on my other one so I just got this one anyway. It ended up costing me the equivalent of about $60. Sat in a field for about 2 years before my buddy Dustin (Comancheon33) got it and then he traded it to me for a set of Mickey Thompson wheels. Anyway, the field didn't treat it to good, the reason Dustin nicknamed it Mighty Mouse is because it was a home for atleast two mice because we found them dead when vacuuming it out. There was also the spine to another animal and a lot of shotgun shells. It was a good find indeed, but for $60 I don't care, it's a Comanche shell, and that's all I needed. Here's the before pictures as in before I started working on it...

Actually as of right now, the whole interior minus the heater box and steering column is gutted. It smells about 10x less (but not better) than it did before.The plan is to more or less copy 1999MJ on this one too, just like I am with my 90 XJ. It is going to get all 99 stuff, dash, header panel, interior wiring, etc. It will have a moderate lift or possibly just a set of ZJ V8 coils so I can clear 30x9.50s. I have a line right now on a set of Canyons pretty close to me with almost brand new 30x9.50s on them, so we'll see if that pans out. Let me know what you guys think. I will post after pictures this weekend.

damn, the inside was a mess. good luck with it, for 60$ i would say that's a steal, thought i don't know how much it would cost to fix the interior.

Yeah it's not as bad now, the vinyl floormat was almost going to get saved but there was one long tear in it, so I even pitched it too. I don't think I got hurt too bad on the truck as a whole though :D. The 97+ interior will cost me around $175 from the junkyard for a dash,steering column and console. I will be using the older style bucket seats which I already have laying around.

What sort of specs are we looking at as far as drivetrain?

Well, it was a 2.5, AX4 or AX5(I forget which), 2wd. Right now I'm debating...I have 2 4.0 litre XJs and a 4.0 litre MJ and although I like the power of 4.0s if this one could be an OBD-II 2.5L, 5spd, 4x4 I may try it that way. I would love to find a 97+ XJ that was a 2.5L 5 spd because I know they made them. If I can find one I will go that route, but if not I'll just slam a 4.0, AW4, NP-242 combo in it probably. The only reason I'd go 4cyl is for gas mileage, but it's not that important. Let me know if you guys have any other questions/comments.

-Collin

I say leave it stock and put a 350 with a 350 turbo leave it 2wd do the whole 97 up and call it good you no that Comancheon33 will have something laying around with a 350 in it or he can find something. That way you could have a sleeper MJ :brows:

I say leave it stock and put a 350 with a 350 turbo leave it 2wd do the whole 97 up and call it good you no that Comancheon33 will have something laying around with a 350 in it or he can find something. That way you could have a sleeper MJ :brows:

Yeah...........

no

i no I was givin you some $#!& thats all.

It's all good buddy, someone has to.

Wow that thing has a freaking nasty interior. I can't wait to see it built up. Does it run at all and did it come with a bed or not?

No it doesn't/didn't run. And it didn't come with a bed either. I will find a pretty clean one somewhere though.

on this note if you or Comancheon33 come up with anther 2 wheeler that is just a shell I need it. And for about the same price. I would cut the 88 up but the rockers and floor are pretty bad plus it is 4wd. But then again the wifes truck is 2wd. And I am wanting to take the 5 speed out of my truck and put an auto in it.

Never mind I think I am going to just hack the 88 up. So sorry for the hijack. :D

Did it fall in a pond/lake/ocean???

Well a lake or an ocean would've been too clean for this Comanche. I'm thinking maybe one of those ponds or marshes that junkyards drain their use oil and antifreeze into. I mean, the inside of this thing smelled like the epitome of death.