Interior Restoration

So it's too cold to paint my truck now so I decided to restore the interior. So far I've made new door panels from scratch. The original ones got wet and were falling apart. And I've started painting the plastic pieces to match. Let me know what you think. I was consider trying to make more door panels to sell.

The colors in the pics aren't that accurate. The back of the cab panel is actually navy, but for some reason it looks royal in the pics. I wish I would have take pics for a how to article. Next time.

I'll have to figure out a price and get back to you. You would need to disassemble your old door panel and send me the plastic piece on the top. Also would you want me to paint the armrest and other pieces to match. It's not necessary. You can do it yourself with the right paint.

I'm thinking $125 for the door panels, and $50 for the rear panel. Plus whatever it will cost for shipping. I'm guessing and this is just a rough guess, but I'd say because of the size that shipping on the door panels could be anywhere from $30 to $50.

If you guys are still interested I'll need to know colors. If you can send samples of what you want or something close that would be great, and I'll need you to send me all the parts for the door panels including the plastic clips that hold them on if yours are still good.

Jeeperz I'll need all the harware off your old panel too if that's possible. I think it's pop riveted on.

It took me about 3 full days to make the door panels, but I'm sure I'll be faster the more I do it.

thanks for all the feedback too,

Chris

Well if you don't have one at all I can still make you one. I can keep the mounting points on the bottom factory, and make new ones for the top. You may just have to drill a few holes. If I can I'll try to figure out a way to aviod you having to drill holes. It's up to you. Let me know.

just go to your local junkyard, you can pull any amount of the plastic pieces that you wish if they have junk panels...and I'm sure they won't charge you much (so long as it's a junk piece)

I've thrown away plenty of door panels cause I just don't care...or the cardboard is soggy.

Well if you don't have one at all I can still make you one. I can keep the mounting points on the bottom factory, and make new ones for the top. You may just have to drill a few holes. If I can I'll try to figure out a way to aviod you having to drill holes. It's up to you. Let me know.

If you can make one, ill take it. you take paypal?

I got the panel built, but nobody around here has a box big enough. I ordered some but they won't be here till Monday or Tuesday. I'll get back to you with a shipping price as soon as I get them.

Is anyone still interested in the door panels?

Chris

Are you serious about the deer? I could look into it if you are. I've never seen deer skin so I'm not sure how workable it is.

Chris

no, I was kidding. although it would be interesting, I've had a chevy van with "deer" pelt door panels and it was a bane to clean....threw them away.