D44 Rear brakes.

I was looking through old topics about this subject but a lot of the links are gone now. Should I try to do the zj rear swap or just go for a kit from a brand like g2? Which would be cheaper and also for the zj swap what would I need to do it.

I did the Teraflex kit on a 44 from an 87 XJ I swapped into my 01 XJ.  It is the easy button for sure.  Just order the main kit for the axle you have.  Order parking brake cables for the Jeep it's going in to.  Bolt it up and go.

Three things with the kit:

1.  The lug studs on the axle are too short.  Dorman 610449 wheel studs work well.

2.  15" wheels don't fit well.  You can grind down the caliper but I wouldn't.  I just went to 16" wheels.

3.  The kit is not cheap.

2 hours ago, derf said:

I did the Teraflex kit on a 44 from an 87 XJ I swapped into my 01 XJ.  It is the easy button for sure.  Just order the main kit for the axle you have.  Order parking brake cables for the Jeep it's going in to.  Bolt it up and go.

1.  The lug studs on the axle are too short.  Dorman 610449 wheel studs work well.

2.  15" wheels don't fit well.  You can grind down the caliper but I wouldn't.  I just went to 16" wheels.

Thanks for the part number for those wheel studs. I never thought I would need them but the face of the disks are thicker than I imagined. 

I saw that g2 makes a similar kit that's a little bit cheaper. Looks like the same thing basically to.

1 hour ago, Muncher said:
4 hours ago, derf said:

I saw that g2 makes a similar kit that's a little bit cheaper. Looks like the same thing basically to.

Any chance you have a link? There was a specific spacer ring included with the teraflex kit to fit the old style d44’s that was a tough find with other brands. If G2 has that or doesn’t require it that’s awesome. Have you reviewed the instructions for that kit and are they specific to the early XJ 44? 

Any chance you have a link? There was a specific spacer ring included with the teraflex kit to fit the old style d44’s that was a tough find with other brands. If G2 has that or doesn’t require it that’s awesome. Have you reviewed the instructions for that kit and are they specific to the early XJ 44? 
I realized it's only 90 up d44s my bad