1JTML6517HT155716

Huntr

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

I can't sleep in a 6ft bed. 

That's why I've got the RTT :L:

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

you can build anything you want, it just takes steel. :D   can't remember who, but a couple guys on CC have done it kinda recently.  years ago I carved up the bed on my wheeler for more clearance.  soon after I regretted it because I found it completely unnecessary, but then I made peace with it because it's a rusty hunk of rust that drops rust every time you touch it.  :(  I could easily have fabbed a bumper that offered protection rather than thinking I needed to emulate the serious rock crawlers since I don't drive my truck like that.  

I definitely don't plan on taking more than about 8 or so inches off. It's not so much the dragging the a$$ it's more about disliking the look haha.

9 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

lol sweet. makes me want to take cad lessons so I can draw something up 

Just download a CAD program and get drawing! I've had 2 years of CAD classes and honestly you learn much more doing personal project then they can ever teach you in a class. There's also tons of awesome free lessons online. Goengineer on Youtube has great free resources for Solidworks. If you ever have any questions about Solidworks just shoot me a message and i'd be more than glad to help!

Just now, Huntr said:

\

Just download a CAD program and get drawing! I've had 2 years of CAD classes and honestly you learn much more doing personal project then they can ever teach you in a class. There's also tons of awesome free lessons online. Goengineer on Youtube has great free resources for Solidworks. If you ever have any questions about Solidworks just shoot me a message and i'd be more than glad to help!

oh sweet. by lessons I meant yt. I am seriously debating teaching myself solid works. I will probably take you up on that offer. and dig the new pfp btw

Just now, Jesse J said:

oh sweet. by lessons I meant yt. I am seriously debating teaching myself solid works. I will probably take you up on that offer.

Not sure on your situation but most colleges offer student licenses for programs like Solidworks. If you are going to school I would poke around and see if you can find an educational license offered by your school. If you aren't in school then I'd try and find a friend who is who can get you a copy! 

2 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

dig the new pfp btw

Thanks! I figured I needed at least one of my jeeps in it. 

Just now, Huntr said:

Not sure on your situation but most colleges offer student licenses for programs like Solidworks. If you are going to school I would poke around and see if you can find an educational license offered by your school. If you aren't in school then I'd try and find a friend who is who can get you a copy! 

Thanks! I figured I needed at least one of my jeeps in it. 

my dad is on tenure track for engineering down at uvu and I might be able to get hooked up through there somehow. I need something to do with all this free time I have laying around:teehee: . I am excited and scared for the day I can say one of my jeeps 

1 minute ago, Jesse J said:

my dad is on tenure track for engineering down at uvu and I might be able to get hooked up through there somehow. I need something to do with all this free time I have laying around:teehee: . I am excited and scared for the day I can say one of my jeeps 

Nice! He will definitely be able to hook you up with something then. I'm finishing up my last few weeks of Mechanical Engineering up here at USU. Can't wait to be done. 

Buying two jeeps just means twice the headaches... I am probably sacrificing the XJ to build the comanche though. Going to take the long arms, axles, etc. out of it. I can't really have 3 cars while I'm moving around the country. 

2 minutes ago, Huntr said:

Nice! He will definitely be able to hook you up with something then. I'm finishing up my last few weeks of Mechanical Engineering up here at USU. Can't wait to be done. 

Buying two jeeps just means twice the headaches... I am probably sacrificing the XJ to build the comanche though. Going to take the long arms, axles, etc. out of it. I can't really have 3 cars while I'm moving around the country. 

yeah that's the hope.

good point. next jeep I get isn't going to be wheeling rig it's gonna tow my wheeler

53 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

yeah that's the hope.

good point. next jeep I get isn't going to be wheeling rig it's gonna tow my wheeler

on that topic, you must find a Jeep that was rated for enough towing from the factory.  nothing you do to a rig can change its legal tow rating.  :L: 

it's not even about getting pulled over either.  it's about an accident happening and then the insurance company has a way out of paying anything on your behalf, even hospital bills.  :(