Where did everyone go???

CEThomas

I don't go over there much anymore. I did notice the change and perhaps that's why.

NAXJA made a quite needed change in where non-members are allowed to post. One of the changes was to not allow non-member posts in the classifieds anymore.

I relly don't understand that mentality. Why not restrict their usage of the other forums and let them sell XJ stuff to...NAXJA members?

I think they're shooting the wrong foot.

I'm just sayin'. :popcorn:

I won't join naxja just because of that principal. I could understand if they asked for $10 per year and even limited me to 20 pm's and whatnot, but $50 for a 2 year membership....well, it's obvious that they're out for $$$ cause it don't cost that much to run a website from what I know :nuts:

I don't go over there much anymore. I did notice the change and perhaps that's why.

NAXJA made a quite needed change in where non-members are allowed to post. One of the changes was to not allow non-member posts in the classifieds anymore.

I relly don't understand that mentality. Why not restrict their usage of the other forums and let them sell XJ stuff to...NAXJA members?

I think they're shooting the wrong foot.

I'm just sayin'. :popcorn:

Way,Way,Way,Way,Way too many scammers, idiots, morons, parts whores, etc.

I won't join naxja just because of that principal. I could understand if they asked for $10 per year and even limited me to 20 pm's and whatnot, but $50 for a 2 year membership....well, it's obvious that they're out for $$$ cause it don't cost that much to run a website from what I know :nuts:

NAXJA is not just a website, it's a club. It does cost quite a bit of money on a yearly basis to run a club. (I know from experience, and loose money doing it). Additionally, not all $50 goes to NAXJA, some of it goes to UFWDA as well...

I haven't joined NAXJA for other reason's that do not need to be discussed here. :roll:

-Lead_"I can't believe I'm sticking up for NAXJA"_Follow

NAXJA is a lot more than "a web site." NAXJA is a fully incorporated non-profit organization that carries a hefty insurance policy to cover their off-road activities. A good chunk of the dues pays for the insurance. NAXJA also pays for each member to also be a member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association, the major group in the fight to keep off-road trails open and available to us. And they publish a newsletter.

I have no problem with them or that they want $$$$.

I just want to know where eveyone that had stuff for sale went to so I can follow. I got a lot of stuff off the site for rock bottom $$$ like my $300 XJ and a like new set of 4.5" springs for $25 :cheers:

Our club site and forum cost $12 a month. I pay it. We have the a similar vBulletin as NAXJA (bought it up front).

Our club dues pay for our UFWDA membership as well.

We have different rules on our site BECAUSE it is a club site. We want folks to take part and introduce themselves because we may actually meet some of them as we are a regional club. We have very few users from outside the Carolinas. If folks put their name in their sig so we know who they are and follow the rules, they are welcome even if it's only to sell their junk.

I think it would be more beneficial to the paid members of NAXJA for the admin to restrict other permissions for non-members. Rather than the for-sale section. There are ways to eliminate bots and ways to weed them out.

+....I need an 8 1/4 w/3.55s and a trac lock case. ;)

Here is a snapshot of some of the bills.....

(edited by me, no need to post something defensive, I apologize)

The website runs about $500 a month.

The newsletter costs about $1000 four times a year.

United Four Wheel Drive membership about $10,000

And the website bill has improved since the change. The amount of bandwidth used by NAXJA is unbelievable.....