My 89 quit and won't start now

Well, I got the truck back and it turned out to be the CPS as most thought.  Thanks again for the advice and encouragement folks.   I like being part of this club even as an avid lurker!  But, obviously I have to learn to use the multimeter properly. I don't understand how I could have gotten such a good reading in a no-start situation, unless I am using it incorrectly. I'd really appreciate if someone would look at the image I posted of how I had it set and tell me what I did wrong.

On 1/7/2021 at 2:28 PM, MiNi Beast said:

.......please keep us updated as to the results. appreciate your being apart of the club. we all don't fix our own but its nice when we can as to save a few bucks. looking forward to a pic of you pushing snow in your heep. :brows:

Sure, I will post up some pics of the truck and snow soon.   :L:

thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hauling  Canadian  Sugar Maple:

Cut the tree down and loaded the branches and whatever I could lift by hand for ballast, and then dragged it down a ravine and up a 25 foot bank then 1/4 mile home along a "logging" trail:

IMG_0893.JPG

Nice!

I would like to have a plow for mine, but in reality, I have no need. We have a plow for one of our pickups at work, we have 8 lots and driveways we need to keep clear. Sometimes it's used 6-8 times a winter, and it has gone 2 years in a row without being used at all.

Mine has hauled a few loads of firewood, though.