Fastenal

tugboat95

So I just went there to get some bolts for the MJ. They got a sign up that starting next Monday you have to have an account or 25 dollar minimum order. And if you don't have an account you can only shop at certain hours of certain days. This is a corporate thing and not Covid related. They are my go to source for anything specialty but I only go 2 to 3 times a year. Not enough for an account. The limited shopping hours are what ticks me off. And the employees don't even know the hours yet.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

So depending on where you work most places are willing to use the "account" for your employer with a "pay on delivery" which means if you pick it up you can use a card. Your employer does not get charged and does not get a receipt, nor does your employer actually care if you are buying nuts and bolts from fastenal. 

There are two Fastenals near me.  They are a last resort for purchasing nuts/bolts/etc.

Why?

I needed some bolts for a project.  The store did not have them in stock/not regular stock parts.  The price total was approx. $15, then they charged me $25 in shipping!!!!

It came from their warehouse, on their truck, as part of a regular delivery to their store!  They did not deliver to my house.  I had to pickup at the store.

NO!  If it isn't in stock there, I order through Amazon Prime.  Free Shipping.

Fastenal is the only game in my town for stuff I need now. And they have it. No going to 4 or 5 parts stores hoping they may have specialty stuff. And my work is 3 states away, so no getting that account

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original