Blank MJOTM Form

89 MJ

Here is the black form to fill out if you are interested in having your MJ as an MJOTM. Please PM me if you are interested in having your MJ as an MJOTM and I will be able to help you out!

Build Thread-

Year/Model - 

Drivetrain- 

Cooling- 

Electrical/Ignition- 

Suspension/Steering- 

Interior-  

Brakes- 

Lighting- 

Exterior- 

Wheel & Tires- 

Misc- 

Best MJ story- 

CC is Awesome! Why? 

• Pete M pinned this topic
  • 8 months later...
On 11/2/2020 at 12:07 PM, 89 MJ said:

Here is the black form to fill out if you are interested in having your MJ as an MJOTM. Please PM me if you are interested in having your MJ as an MJOTM and I will be able to help you out!

Build Thread-

Year/Model - 1989 Jeep Comanche MJ Pioneer lwb

Drivetrain- Inline 6 4.0 liter High Output, with a Ax-15 gearbox mated to a 231j transfer case. With custom 1350 driveshafts still running standard slip yoke factory design. All turning the 4.88 gears in the corporate 14 bolt rear end and a dana 44 transplanted from a Ford. 

Cooling- 3 row aluminum radiator with a triple 9" fan setup. Radiator support moved one inch forward to help with airflow in and hoof vents for hot air escape. (Remove doors to cool down from the heat in the cab. )

Electrical/Ignition- factory equipped for reliability. Just carry extra cps and set of plugs. Upgraded cables and added a duel coil for back up. 

Suspension/Steering- Current steering is a cross over 1 ton design with factory equipped saginaw gearbox and a 1" drop pitman arm. Awaiting a ram and lines to complete a new saginaw box thats tapped for a ram assisted cross over setup for handling future trips and keep steering me in the right direction.  

8.5 " front springs hold things up while the Rough Country long arm setup holds the axle under the jeep and let the springs flex over many obstacles, all while protecting the belly with it's crossmember/ tcase skid plate. As the rear with a load sags a few inches and with a simple add a leaf and some 7"long shackles coupled with a spring over axle design with the install of the massive over stock axle, which bolted in with no leaf perch replacement. However, soon to also replace tired worn leafs and shackle setup, with a different set of leafs donated from another MJ. Combine the leafs to create thicker leaf pack for more hauling capabilities, with addition of a set of air bags to give me a floating on a cloud driving experience. So be sure to check back for updates. 

Interior-  Tan mostly and some gray. Cool jeep floor mats custom gas pedal and other do dadds thats caught my interest. Simply functional. 

Brakes- wj dual booster master setup. Due to be changed currently, its hissing at me.  4 corner chevy single piston calipers,disc brake setup with extra long break lines for all that flexing...ummm more so if you drop the brake calipers it will hit the ground and not break you brake line. 

Lighting- head lights factory xj bulb and factory jk bulb. 😜 50" light bar on the hood lighting up all them deer who dare cross the road and a 30" on the roof to light up behind me or camp. A couple under cab lights to light up the underside for the night time runs and not blinding other club members also touring. Good reliable mag light handles mobile light needs and cab light as well. Vanity mirrors installed works perfectly for any lighting needs while in the cab at night time  

Exterior- used and abused but keeps me true. I remember most damage inflicted on the jeep and i can say I'm ok with scratches. Recently installed pocketstyle fender flares to give it a little bit of a I care look, but true function is to cover the wheels and added front mud flaps and it helps when running no doors and want to keep the tire spray down. Rocking custom rear corners and custom front and rear bumpers for solid tow points and front mounted warn winch for those self recoveries. 

Wheel & Tires- 37x12.50r17 Krawlers. (Blue) 

Misc- American built cold air intake snorkel design. Lots of stickers for added hp. 

Best MJ story- 

Currently creating one. Epic road trip to 2021 All Breeds Jeep Show in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Been great to drive my Jeep full-time. Built to be factory reliable and simply realistic by design. 

CC is Awesome! Why? 

Been here since my addiction began. Just starting out with jeeps and the lifestyles of of what comes in jeep ownership. Many adventures had and experience gain with many repairs and long hours reading and talking trying to find answers to questions that I laugh when I hear them asked now. I laugh knowing where you are bing i was there myself. As I have grown and learned, CC has been there as a consistent platform for sharing my adventures and love for these special mini trucks that we all have come to admire for the many transformations these trucks can make.  And as the new owners come aware of this site and learn and those old ones that been around help the new guys in their own ways. Some  guys are great with the technical support and specifications needed for certain repairs. Others have that wit, others like to joke, some even tell you how it is, some don't help but they did try and in a way it still helped eliminate certain things in means of the process of things. Knowledge is power and having a great diverse community for support and dedication makes this a great place to be for a great hobby to have. 

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Britt said:

Cannot fill using this form - is there one that can be filled with the computer?  Thanks

You should be able to copy and paste it to fill it out. Please send it to me in a PM.