fender trim

Hey guys I'm new to the site but noticed a lot of lifted rigs out there. i have an 88 mj 4.0 5spd 4x4 locked rear lifted 2 inches with 31 inch bfgoodrich ta ko's. anyways i was seeing if anyone has any pics of how they trimmed the fenders, i just wanted to see a few examples so that i know how far to go with mine. thanks in advance

Here is my MJ I'm in the process of reworking for maximum tire clearance and uptravel.

The flare is raised past the bodyline. Just clamped on right now, they will be bolted on after work today.

Side view

Image Not Found

Fit at front body line

Image Not Found

Fit at rear bodyline and filled gap

Image Not Found

Tire coverage with 33x10.50-15 on 15x7 rims with 4" of backspacing

Image Not Found

Another view showing the 11" of clearance over the 33" tire with 6" of lift

Image Not Found

Outside in the dark...

Image Not Found

I still need to rework the front part of the inner fender, remove the rust, paint the fender, mount the flare and make a inner fender liner.

If you don't want to get that crazy, here is how my XJ was set-up.

Here some pictures of the front flares on my '95 XJ. I raised them to the bodyline, filled the gap and the reformed the flare so it still extends all the way to the bottom of the fender.

Image Not Found

filledgap.jpg

Or you can ditch the flare like I did and just use a product similar to Trim Lok.

I swear you live in the dark. And why are those rim all dirty and your truck is clean as all the other DM mall crawlers. :popcorn:

That rear trim turned out great.

Sorry to hi jack this thread :nuts:

Its ok Collin we just cover it in mud and maybe get some body damage on it finally this coming spring @ MIOBI. Need to get that fairly new converted 4x4 broke in.

Yeah I think both of you need to make it down. You will have to come down for at least 2 day because my truck will only run about one day out of the 2.