The Jeep JT concept......a new truck on the horizon?

ComancheKid45

Sounds like they took this idea and ran with it...

Image Not Found

Oh, and as of right now there is no diesel for the Canyon/Colorado. There is a smaller DuraMax in the works, hush hush at this point. But the biggest engine in them right now is an inline 5. And it can only tow 3500lbs. Very weak.

Alex

That thing looks like the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen. I'd rather drive around in a rusted out station wagon and look like the reddest redneck on the block than in that!

Well, don't look at me. I can't do anything in photoshot but remove images from backgrounds. I have the original pics of the "Comanche Concept" and the Commander pic it came from if anyone wants to try it I will send em to ya.

Alex

actually, i was reading an article (from about a day or two ago), the JT is definitely in review at chrysler for production as to all the positive response. it was stated as being highly likely to become a late 2008 production model. this means by mid '08, it's very possible to see them driving around!

Image Not Found

I've had this idea floating around in my head for a LOOONG time, cool to see it chopped finally. I'd definitely buy one, make it pretty bare bones (AC and cruise though please) and I'd buy one, especially if it got a baby Cummins and a manual transmission! SAS it with F150/big bronco axles on 35s, lock it up, and have an awesome all-around rig!

I've had this idea floating around in my head for a LOOONG time, cool to see it chopped finally. I'd definitely buy one, make it pretty bare bones (AC and cruise though please) and I'd buy one, especially if it got a baby Cummins and a manual transmission! SAS it with F150/big bronco axles on 35s, lock it up, and have an awesome all-around rig!

It has to have at least an extended cab or it won't sell. The only reason I bought a Cherokee new in 1988 instead of a Comanche was the lack of ANY interior storage space.

Today, I think any PU has to offer the options of extended cab and crew cab to even think about entering the market. Look around on the streets, and you actually see very few "standard" cab pickups.