Ax-15 to Peugot BA 10/5 swap?

Ok, so I'm not right in the head. I admit it.

I've got an NSG370 waiting to go into my '89 MJ.

However, its at a buddy's place right now, and I wanted to be able to drive it away. I need to pay registration and then smog it.

The issue arrises in that the trans that was in it was missing 2nd gear, and the throwout bearing squealed like a stuck pig when on the clutch.

So, I happpened to have the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, transmission, with throwout bearing still attached. All worked when pulled from my 88. Lower mileage than the 89. Problem is, Pukgoat!

Anyway, I really needed the 89 running and driving for smog, and I figured the Pukegoat would get me through it.

I was suprised to find the AX15 in the truck, honestly, but I went ahead with the swap anyway.

Left the AX-15 clutch and pressure plate, as they looked less used than my well beat on stuff from the 88. Threw the pukegoat in, and 7 hours later, had fixed a few DAPO items found along the way and I was good to go. Clutch bled... truck no go.

What gives is there an incompatability between the AX15 pressure plate and the puke's throwout bearing? It acts like its in neutral all the time now.

I'll put up pics in a bit.

What gives is there an incompatability between the AX15 pressure plate and the puke's throwout bearing? It acts like its in neutral all the time now.

Is there a different part number for the AX-15 internal slave than for the BA 10/5 slave? I didn't think so, but I've never actually looked them up. It's hard to tell from the photos if the two bell bousings are the same depth. In the overhead photo they look the same, in the photo from the left side they don't.

If they are the same, then the clutch and slave/bearing should be the same. Bleeding the hydraulic clutch in an XJ or MJ can be ... "difficult." Are you sure you got it bled completely?

Ya know, I'm just not sure if they are the same depth or not.

I actually went into it thinking I was replacing one pukegoat for another...

I thought the AX15 stuff and the pukegoat stuff was interchangable too... ah well.

I'm not sure I wanna hassle with that all again just right now anyway. I'll let it sit for a bit maybe.