Jet Ski Build

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Audio system added, complete upgraded fuel system. Deatshwerks STI pump, Russel fuel check valve, and fuel lab adjustable FPR. Just got a set of injectors back from the rebuilders also and had them all flow matched and rebuilt. New skat track impeller and some pump mods happening next.

6B930755-AB82-4284-B93F-3EB741A35D8F.jpeg

AAC5427D-F88A-4567-90F8-106CC2617006.jpeg

60587BA0-9CF5-4D5F-B02D-F9228F4C6F74.jpeg

B2B3B8A8-FC63-4051-BFA3-10208B64A699.jpeg

2625AED7-8896-48D8-BCE0-B709F1D776DC.jpeg

3A197AF3-5247-462F-8E67-247F3588ADFB.jpeg

10 hours ago, Jesse J said:

that thing is so cool. you gotta build a matching trailer so you can tow it with your truck

That would be cool but I can’t do much paint wise with a trailer that is metal and get submerged in salt water. Rust is such a constant battle :fistshake2:

5 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

color matched underliner

Doesn’t stick well to galvanized steel plus it’s tough to repair. It will still just rust underneath the liner. Gold galvanizing compound is what I use for touch ups and it really does hold up to the salt very well. But yeah, it would be cool if it matched. Maybe a matching tool box for it.

Just now, ghetdjc320 said:

Doesn’t stick well to galvanized steel plus it’s tough to repair. It will still just rust underneath the liner. Gold galvanizing compound is what I use for touch ups and it really does hold up to the salt very well. But yeah, it would be cool if it matched. Maybe a matching tool box for it.

ok be lame:shaking: I am joking. that sucks wouldve been sick

Keep in mind that with salt water I actually have seen aluminum rust though. It’s crazy, I never thought it would do that. Being here I’ve learned of the various grades of stainless steel and the different processes for keeping things from rusting. Galvanic corrosion is also crazy. Stainless bolts in aluminum etc. If I could have a whole aluminum frame made and then have it anodized with a specific color that’s probably the only thing that would last semi-permanently. Epoxy paint holds up fairly well too I’ve noticed. 

2 hours ago, Jesse J said:

all I hear is stainless trailer. box it all so water can't get in

Stainless still rusts. It would need to be at least 316 stainless and would need to be a c channel design so it doesn’t trap any water. Thousands and thousands for no real gain