Wiring harness question

Hello to all. So I’m using a 1995 XJ engine in my mj. However, I just acquired a 1996 with some upgrades like power seats, power windows, ETC. I wanna use the seats and windows in my MJ project, but I’m scared to use the harness off the new XJ on the 1995 engine. My main question is can I use the 1996 harness on that 1995 engine? Or is there somethin crazy I don’t know?

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming you already have the 95 harness in the cab too...

The harness from the 95 might already have the plugs in the locations for the p/s p/w near the doors. All you may have to do is run the wire in the door and plug n play, maybe add a fuse at the absolute minimum. 

Power locks and windows in the MJ and XJ is a separate harness that goes across the front of the floorpan and hump under the carpeting and sound deadener. Joe and I just did that mod using a '96 harness for the basic wiring, and parts of a '91 harness to get the door lock relays from the RKE setup. I made hand-drawn diagrams for it, and was going to post them when Joe started a thread on these mods.

The power window and lock circuits use plugs that insert into the fuse block, factory-wise, and use 30(?) amp circuit breakers to protect them. As for the relays, in the '91, they're mounted on the passenger A-pillar under the kick panel, but we moved them to the driver kick panel for simplicity's sake.

• 3 months later...

Appreciate everyone’s help. I think I feel pretty comfortable as far as the seats and windows now. My biggest issue now is figuring out how to wire the tail lights using the new harness, because the tail lights and harness off the 1996 cherokee are not nearly as long and the fitment in the stock MJ tail lights seems like a nightmare