Fuse box

Hey guys, I own a 1989 Jeep Comanche 4.0 manual. Recently I've had issues with my turn signals and decided to check out the fuse box under the dash. A bunch of the terminals looked shot and as a result the PO hardwired seperate fuses. It looks like a mess to someone who has zero experience with vehicle electronics (to the point of no return). Was wondering if anyone knows of any place that may sell brand new or refurbished fuse boxes. I was also planning on down the road swapping my remix to an HO from my 98 Cherokee and if I should just swap everything over including the wiring because of the problematic renix wiring?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

@Pete M please move to tech

You can either set up a aftermarket like painless wiring fuse block, or get one from a auto. from a salvage yard, either you are going to have to move terminals or splice the wires. If you are going to do the 97+ swap, I would swap everything

You can buy the terminals from DelCity and just pull the old, solder on the new ones, and replace them.  Had to do this on my truck.  Also search for the 88 electrical manual to know what should connect where.

If you haven't done repairs yet, a couple things:

1) in installing power windows and locks, Joe (Maveric) and i thought we would need a replacement fuse block. We were wrong. But, for reference, if you need to replace fuse terminals, most of the fuse terminals are bussed together, which means replacing from one to five terminals at one time. they're stamped from a sheet of brass.

2) we still aren't finished with our electrical work, but if we end up not using the one we got from the junkyard, I can talk to Joe, see if he'd be willing to sell it. Let us know by PM or email me (silvertwinkiehobo@gmail.com) if you'd be interested.

I'll snap and post a pic of the fuse block rear view, so that you see what they look like. If all your problem is, is that the terminal halves are spread apart, I find that using a small pick can carefully bend the halves of the terminal closer together. Just don't bend them too far, risking breaking them.