Bench to buckets

Alo ,I just got two power buckets out of a 92 cherokee to replace my bench. Do guys know if the bolts are going to line up or should I just plan on putting the bench brackets on the buckets?

well you actually have a pretty big ordeal on your hands.

because the power brackets don't bolt to the mj floorpan, and the mj brackets don't bolt to the xj power brackets. if you put the MJ brackets on the xj power brackets, your seat will be about 8-9" taller than normal, and that would be a problem...

I think your best bet is custom made brackets (would be easy) or cut the MJ bolts out and put your own in to make it bolt to the MJ floorpan...that won't be perfect though, as the back will probably sit too low.

Alo ,I just got two power buckets out of a 92 cherokee to replace my bench. Do guys know if the bolts are going to line up or should I just plan on putting the bench brackets on the buckets?

The base pedestals for the MJ are totally different from an XJ. Bolt spacing is the LEAST of the problems.

Use the pedestals out of the MJ.

The base pedestals for the MJ are totally different from an XJ. Bolt spacing is the LEAST of the problems.

Use the pedestals out of the MJ.

eagle you forget that the power seat assembly is much, much different than even a normal xj mount.

to use the MJ system you'd have to do away with the power option.

Doing the same thing myself....... looks like I'm going to have to completely remove the stock brackets from the seats and put 4 custom mounts off of the outer track.......

could get 4 pieces of metal and make two L shaped units that go from the floor to the tranny hump and bolt the tracks on top........sturdy easy good looking and you get a little storage spot like those on 80s chevy vans......

regardless your looking at some custom fab....... ill be working on mine this weekend so Ill give yall a progress report if I don't blow myself up

sadly you still need the cherokee non-power slide rails for the swap. you have to put the comanche lower pedistals on the cherokee sliders and then you can bolt it all up.

then you get into height again...if you get the rocker action cherokee bucket bracket to alter, you add 3" to the seat height in your truck. I'm 6'1" tall and it's fine in my opinion, but I don't smack my head on the roof getting in anymore... :roll: