Bench seat cover and other things

Hey!

New here. I've had my Comanche for 4 years now, 1989 Pioneer 2wd auto. The truck is super clean but I need some parts to keep it that way...

1. What is a good SW themed bench cover, I cannot find one that fits. I want to keep the original seat fabric looking as perfect as it is.

2. The rear window latch broke, I have a couple on order from NAPA to see if they'll work, any other ideas? 

3. The glovebox latch is borked, anywhere I can purchase a new one? Ordered from LMC Truck

4. The rear main is leaking, should I invest in a 4.0HO from a cherokee? Other direct replacement suggestions? Looked up how to replace the seal on the youtube

Lastly, pic of the truck, cuz everyone love pics. 31" KO2's, 2.5" Rancho springs. 157,000 miles. 

comanche.jpg

The rear main is a two piece seal and can be changed without removing the transmission. Youll probably want to do the valve cover gasket too as oil can run out the back of it and then down around the bellhousing looking like a rear main leak. Theres no reason to upgrade the whole shebang just for that reason, unless youre really wanting to do it for other reasons. 

I'm not sure on the others, I'm sure others will chime in and let you know. Welcome to the club, thats a really nice truck! Make sure to add yourself to the registry page and theyll get you a build sheet!

3 minutes ago, dasbulliwagen said:

The rear main is a two piece seal and can be changed without removing the transmission. Youll probably want to do the valve cover gasket too as oil can run out the back of it and then down around the bellhousing looking like a rear main leak. Theres no reason to upgrade the whole shebang just for that reason, unless youre really wanting to do it for other reasons. 

I'm not sure on the others, I'm sure others will chime in and let you know. Welcome to the club, thats a really nice truck! Make sure to add yourself to the registry page and theyll get you a build sheet!

Awesome. Thank you for the info. I replaced the valve cover gasket a while back and it's sealed up tight still. I'll look up how to do the rear main. 

13 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

The glove box latch is a GM latch. So they can be found easily.

When you say SW do you mean something like a Southwestern themed cover like this?

IMG_6860.JPG.ff5de4c8c8d4ececbf6987a53086a631.JPG

Yeah, something like that but fitted. I'm thinking I'll just have to sew one up... And my GM latch and "easily" I cannot find anything that looks similar, more info on which model/make/year to look for? 

6 minutes ago, comanchefest said:

Yeah, something like that but fitted. I'm thinking I'll just have to sew one up... And my GM latch and "easily" I cannot find anything that looks similar, more info on which model/make/year to look for? 

Its actually a blanket believe it or not. Been with my truck for as long as I can remember.

The S10 trucks and SUV family of vehicles should have the same latch. My bad for not being specific. 

6 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Its actually a blanket believe it or not. Been with my truck for as long as I can remember.

The S10 trucks and SUV family of vehicles should have the same latch. My bad for not being specific. 

I have a few of those blankets, one on the back seat of my '14 F150 for the dogs. I'll just use one for now. Thanks for the specifics, found one on LMC trucks site. Going to call the local shops first to see if anyone has one. 

3 hours ago, comanchefest said:

Hey!

New here. I've had my Comanche for 4 years now, 1989 Pioneer 2wd auto. The truck is super clean but I need some parts to keep it that way...

1. What is a good SW themed bench cover, I cannot find one that fits. I want to keep the original seat fabric looking as perfect as it is.

2. The rear window latch broke, I have a couple on order from NAPA to see if they'll work, any other ideas? 

3. The glovebox latch is borked, anywhere I can purchase a new one? Ordered from LMC Truck

4. The rear main is leaking, should I invest in a 4.0HO from a cherokee? Other direct replacement suggestions? Looked up how to replace the seal on the youtube

Lastly, pic of the truck, cuz everyone love pics. 31" KO2's, 2.5" Rancho springs. 157,000 miles. 

comanche.jpg

Very nice looking MJ - Is that a hard tonneau cover on the bed?  

1 minute ago, 88towmanche said:

Very nice looking MJ - Is that a hard tonneau cover on the bed?  

Thank you, it's looks just as clean in real life too. No, the PO had sprayed in a bedliner then painted it to match the rest of the truck... the only thing i hate about this truck. Why the hell would anyone do that... 

3 minutes ago, comanchefest said:

Thank you, it's looks just as clean in real life too. No, the PO had sprayed in a bedliner then painted it to match the rest of the truck... the only thing i hate about this truck. Why the hell would anyone do that... 

Haven't seen that before - you could go with a soft tonneau to hide it if it bugs you - have one on my rig and have no complaints, but would take a hard tonneau in a second if I could find one.

jc spacers fq a.jpg