The heat is coming to the SW

Good Afternoon everyone,

I wanted to ask, as we go into summer. If you guys enjoyed a specific car cover/ sunshades. My car is parked outside, in the heat with no AC. When summer approaches there will be 90+ days. I’ll be fine cooking, but my JEEP. I feel horrible, I bought it from the first owner who really took care of her. I want to keep it as nice as he did. Everything for the most part is original. 

thanks,

A22C30C4-4EDB-4F48-8D18-BABD196B1DF4.jpeg

The top priority should be keeping the paint out of the sun. Everything else has managed for 30 years and will probably continue to manage, but that old clearcoat will fall off by the day if you park it in the sun all day. How do I know? My truck had near perfect clearcoat 8 years ago. You may want to invest in a dash cover to prevent the dash from being exposed to direct sunlight and cracking.

The best solution would be to park it under a carport or garage. Keep it out of the rain as much as you can too, MJs are rarely waterproof anymore.

2 hours ago, Minuit said:

The top priority should be keeping the paint out of the sun. Everything else has managed for 30 years and will probably continue to manage, but that old clearcoat will fall off by the day if you park it in the sun all day. How do I know? My truck had near perfect clearcoat 8 years ago. You may want to invest in a dash cover to prevent the dash from being exposed to direct sunlight and cracking.

The best solution would be to park it under a carport or garage. Keep it out of the rain as much as you can too, MJs are rarely waterproof anymore.

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

White seems to endure the sun the best, so you have that going for you. Like mentioned above a dash cover helps, I've had one on since new, 30 years ago and I also always, always, put a sun shield in the windshield, dash still looks new.

I work from home so I don't put on as many miles as I did my old car. Was thinking of buying a car cover? ordered a dash cover and sunshade!