89 w/factory dana 44?

JohnQ

if not, instead of the 89 style grille I have, I could send you the 94 style (3 piece) that has the upper and lower trim pieces built in...for $5 more...

Won't work. The entire header has to be changed to use the newer style grille.

if not, instead of the 89 style grille I have, I could send you the 94 style (3 piece) that has the upper and lower trim pieces built in...for $5 more...

I will install it on one of my grilles on friday.

it is identical except for the addition of the trim edging that's on our older rigs.

the only difference is that you have to cut some of the older header panel out behind the corner markers in order to make it work.

if I find that that won't make it work either, then John, I have the rest of the trim pieces that you would need regardless to make it a complete truck. but they're kinda surface rusty (or theyr'e at least faded grey..can't remember)

I will install it on one of my grilles on friday.

it is identical except for the addition of the trim edging that's on our older rigs.

the only difference is that you have to cut some of the older header panel out behind the corner markers in order to make it work.

if I find that that won't make it work either, then John, I have the rest of the trim pieces that you would need regardless to make it a complete truck. but they're kinda surface rusty (or theyr'e at least faded grey..can't remember)

I think the header I have is a late model. I will have to pull it off and see if I can find the manfacturing date. I know the wire harness has two plugs in the middle by the grille.

What do I need to put the dana 44 out of the 89 2wd, onto my 88 4x4?

Will I have any issues with my driveshaft?

Hey JohnQ think you can get a good picture of the drive shaft and axle flange?

I can get you one tomorrow. I'm at work until 2 am.

What do I need to put the dana 44 out of the 89 2wd, onto my 88 4x4?

Will I have any issues with my driveshaft?

Hey JohnQ think you can get a good picture of the drive shaft and axle flange?

I can get you one tomorrow. I'm at work until 2 am.

Cool Thanks.. Good luck with that 2am shift :eek: