Track Bars

Its looking like I'm going to have to replace my stock track bar (again). I don't want to put another stock one in there. What are the best aftermarket ones offered in your opinions. I don't ever want to have to replace the dang thing again... :hateputers:

what are you eating up on the stock ones? TRE's or the bushing?

Lifted?

Wheel it in what terrain?

I've got a re 1600, that seems stout with the exception of it's mounting system. Single shear on the stock frameside bracket just isn't for me.

It seems to be holding up though, it survived two trips to tellico, and some more local wheeling this year.

JKS unit is nice, however it still uses the stock mounting bracket. Plus it only works upto 6" of lift. If you have long arms you'll have issues with it.

RE 1600 is junk. The ends on it suck. Uses the stock mount again. We don't even offer it to our customers as we've had nothing but problems with it.

RE 1660 (heavy duty one with bracket) is a good setup. We've had good luck with it on our MJ with our 6.5" lift and long arms. Holds up well and the mounting system is total beef. Re offers a brace for the bracket even with this setup. (this is the tracbar we sell with our MJ 6.5" longarm kit)

TNT is also another good setup to consider. Comes with a new mount as well. Total beef and uses the RE joint at the end. Only thing I don't like about it is that no brace works/is available for it yet. Works well with longarms as well.

Rock Krawler setup is also nice. It's a bit cheaper than the RE or the TNT as well. Includes a new mount. The joint at the end isn't as good as the RE one, but no customers have complained about issues yet as long as they keep it lubed. Works well with longarms as well.

RE 1600 is junk. The ends on it suck. Uses the stock mount again. We don't even offer it to our customers as we've had nothing but problems with it.

I agree, I'll be reusing the bar, but making my own mount similar to the HD mount, new frame side piece and I'll flip the rod end vertical, so I can run it in double shear, and not have it bind.

I agree, I'll be reusing the bar, but making my own mount similar to the HD mount, new frame side piece and I'll flip the rod end vertical, so I can run it in double shear, and not have it bind.

The Rock Krawler has a similar sized end mount. I wonder if the RK mount would work with the RE1600.

If I just had a RE1600 in stock (yeah right that won't' ever happen) I'd check...

The Rock Krawler has a similar sized end mount. I wonder if the RK mount would work with the RE1600.

If I just had a RE1600 in stock (yeah right that won't' ever happen) I'd check...

well, I got mine brand new in the box for cheap, so I couldn't pass it up.

I bought it knowing that it would end up modified.

most of the things on my front end are temporary. I just needed it to wheel this season. Now that I

ve beat it up really well, I know what I want to do and where I'm going. So it will get a raised axle side mount, OTK steering up front, and links and coils in the rear.

I have the KEVINS track bar system on my MJ and LOVE IT!!

The only other I would consider would be the JKS.

BTW. JKS makes the bars for KEVINS, ;)

You can also get CASH BACK if you sell your frame mount for the T-bar back to Kevins!!!

CW

I run both the RE 1660 and the TNT tracbar on our rigs. I love them both. Only wish is that the TNT bracket would work with the RE brace, or TNT made a brace for it.

Both of them use the RE joint on the mount side (aka no binding while flexing). I wouldn't run anything other than a joint on the mount side, as a bushing binds while flexing and wears out faster.

No offense to CWLONGSHOT, but I'm not a fan of a hacked/welded stock mount and a rubber bushing on both ends. For the same amount of $$ you can have the RE or TNT setup with a new mount thats 100x's better, and a good joint on the end.

From Kevin's Website

*Note1: The Rubicon Express Conversion uses their Heavy Duty bar and will work for added articulation, but unfortunately they are not as stiff as the JKS bar, nor is their bracket as stiff as our modified stock bracket (it flexes), so it won't give you the Death Wobble resistance that I designed my conversion kit to offer your Jeep.

I call BS. I'd give someone $1000 if they could bend the RE mount. It just ain't gonna happen. Here is a pic, let me see you "flex" this puppy. The thing weighs 15lbs+.

100_1385.jpg

100_1409.jpg

CWLONGSHOT please don't take this personally!