Rear Shocks SOA

I was wondering what people are running for shocks in the rear, I know that there are no 2 Comanches lifted the same and I also know that everyone has their shock mounts in different positions (My mounts are off the rear of the axle--straight back, then I am planning on using the stock upper mounts)

What brand?

What part number?(or What were they supposed to fit?)

I am about to do some forklift flexin' and am planning on measuring, but I would like an idea :hmm:

:cheers:

Arn't you awful "tipsy" in an off-camber situation with your shocks setup like that?

The shocks don't have any bearing on "tippyness" They merely dampen out the bumps.

BUT, You are correct in that they do not work as effeciently mounted like this. :D Ideally they should be mounted as far out towards the tire and as straight up and down as possible.

CW

Arn't you awful "tipsy" in an off-camber situation with your shocks setup like that?

The shocks don't have any bearing on "tippyness" They merely dampen out the bumps.

BUT, You are correct in that they do not work as effeciently mounted like this. :D Ideally they should be mounted as far out towards the tire and as straight up and down as possible.CW

CW, just curious. What is the extended and collapsed length of your Bilsteins? Part number? Must be too long to mount vertically?

CW, just curious. What is the extended and collapsed length of your Bilsteins? Part number? Must be too long to mount vertically?

That's funny, I thought that that was what I was asking.

I don't want to come off wrong, but I want numbers, not "it depends where your mounts are" I know that, that is why I put that in my original question. Even part numbers of shocks will help.

For those of you who did not use your stock upper mounts, tell me why, please.

:cheers:

I did not use the stock location because when i put the 8.8 in I removed the stock shock thing. Plus I could not find a after market bracket that did not hang below the axle.

So I went to Harbor Freight and bought a set of trailer spring perches and made a set that I thought was great. Until I showed you guys on here. It was pointed out to me that to use my shock mounts that I would need to angle them in like CW did. Here is a post that I made about them

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... ock+mounts

O and I am running two wheel drive Ford Ranger shocks on the back. They were cheap and seem to work out really well for me might not be set up right but then I am new and can get away with for a while.

Here is a pic of my set up

And a pic of it flexing