1989 MJ Shortbed 4.0 5-speed fresh paint - WI

89 MJ

1989 Jeep Comanche

1989 Jeep Comanche

Short bed

4.0 straight six

5 speed manual

159,000 miles

Ford 8.8 rear end out of a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac with 4.10 gears and a limited slip

Dana 30 front axle with 4.10 gears

Fresh paint

New vinyl flooring

Raptor Bedliner in bed

Sliding rear window

Was a 90% rust free truck before restoration, all of the rust has been repaired the right way. 

Aftermarket front bumper

Bottom of the bed, back and sides of the frame, and front suspension area have been freshly undercoated. 

3in front lift springs to make it sit level

Longer lower control arms to prevent death wobble

Adjustable track bar

New rod bearings

Comes with an AX-15 5 speed transmission that needs to be rebuilt

Comes with stock front suspension pieces. 

Can come with wheels and tires pictured for an extra $1000. 

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Additional pics available upon request. 

$12,000

Link to build thread on Comanche Club:https://comancheclub.com/topic/57877-1st-truck-89-mj-40-5-speed-4x4/

I may consider trades for an LJ. 

I don’t really want (or need) to sell this, just looking to get a more high school friendly vehicle. 

F8414F2E-C3F7-4C92-9375-DCF92E0BAB93.jpeg.413c23dc380099e293f59822171e6cde.jpeg

3BDFD9E4-C568-430C-8BB7-854371A2A9DB.jpeg.125d0f185e125391eef175ae099d5c1f.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chargum85 said:

Nice truck!  Great work on the resto.

I don't know how accurate this statement is based on the pics in your build thread though... "Was a 99% rust free truck before restoration"

Fixed it. Accidentally clicked the 9 twice instead of a 0 at the end. And I am talking about rust holes not actual surface rust. 

3 minutes ago, NHMJXJ said:

Last post in your build thread you mention blowing the motor.  Is it the replacement that has 159K?

I am looking into putting in a 125k mike motor. I would not sell it until I put in a different motor. 

I have to ask. What did you end up doing with the engine and the troubles you had with it? 

For the asking price you have you’ll want to make sure that it is clear to everyone here and other potential buyers online that the issues you had are COMPLETELY resolved...documenting all the work on here on a build thread/comments is a great thing to tell the story of what has been done. It can also work the other way and bring more attention to issues like this when you ask the price you are looking to get for it. 

Good luck with a clean sale. I hope this truck goes to a good home.

52 minutes ago, 500 MJ said:

I have to ask. What did you end up doing with the engine and the troubles you had with it? 

For the asking price you have you’ll want to make sure that it is clear to everyone here and other potential buyers online that the issues you had are COMPLETELY resolved...documenting all the work on here on a build thread/comments is a great thing to tell the story of what has been done. It can also work the other way and bring more attention to issues like this when you ask the price you are looking to get for it. 

Good luck with a clean sale. I hope this truck goes to a good home.

We have fixed he engine troubles. I’m just working on some preventative things now. I won’t sell it until that is finished, but I am seeing if there is any interest now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The freshly rebuilt AX-15 and new crank will be going in to the MJ in the next couple of weeks. Once those are in, it is going to be listed for sale on Facebook too.

I have more money in this thing including parts and labor than my asking price!

I also have several hundreds of dollars worth of parts that will go with to return it to stock if desired!

Archived