In need of dash wiring pics

Hello,

:confused:

Lost all my disassemble pics and tryin to put new harness in.

I have a 1986 Comanche but pics from another similar year Comanche or Cherokee would help.

Pics of how the wiring is run behind dash. Around steering column to HVAC box.

Thanx

31 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Don’t tell me AC needs it’s own wiring harness and it’s not already there from the factory. 

AC is bottom center in the diagram.

I'm not sure exactly what page that diagram is on, but anyone needing manuals should start with these links: 

https://xjjeeps.com/#ReferenceDocuments

https://jeep-manual.ru/index.php?page=XJ

I guess what I’m asking is did all of our MJs and XJs come AC ready from the factory on the interior harness or do I need to source the harness?

You have to source the AC harness dash and engine. At least the early xj/mj had specific harnesses for ac and none ac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 minutes ago, Green Mesa XJ said:

You have to source the AC harness dash and engine. At least the early xj/mj had specific harnesses for ac and none ac.

As soon as I saw this post I went to the salvage yard I frequent and snagged what I needed. 

Oh you have a 1986, is it the 2.5 or 2.8?
Don’t think it matters but The 2.8 Definitely has to have the wiring harness from the AC donor, the 2.8 engine harness is ac and none ac as well.
My 85 xj was a none ac high altitude set up. Long story short previous owners butchered the engine harness and left a master clutch leak and windshield leak to ruin the fuse box.

Got lucky finding a 1986 2.8 engine harness which looks like the standard renix era bulk head plug, used a renix Cherokee dash harness to complete it on the inside, now I have the plugs for ac controls on the dash side and the leads for ac and other related plugs on the engine harness. If I swap the dash air box out it’ll be set up to retrofit ac.

Unfortunately for these jeeps to add AC to them you have to retrofit everything from a jeep that had it.

As soon as I saw this post I went to the salvage yard I frequent and snagged what I needed. 

Lucky to find it, the 80’s xj mj are impossible to find in junk yards around here in the south. Took years of searching to find a junk yard in the north west that had a 1986 2.8 federal emissions engine harness. Just about perfect shape. According to the parts tag they had it on a shelf since 2003, guess it explains why they’d jump at selling it for my offer.

2 minutes ago, Green Mesa XJ said:

Lucky to find it, the 80’s xj mj are impossible to find in junk yards around here in the south. Took years of searching to find a junk yard in the north west that had a 1986 2.8 federal emissions engine harness. Just about perfect shape. According to the parts tag they had it on a shelf since 2003, guess it explains why they’d jump at selling it for my offer.

Yea that is true. But this salvage yard has nothing but Jeeps as new as 2001. But not a lot but they have plenty of resourceful Renix era parts for me. Most still have the AC/heater box plenums. Sadly some moron that worked for them many years back tossed all the Renix engine harnesses. 

I think anyone would be happy to get rid of any part associated with the 2.8L

Yea that is true. But this salvage yard has nothing but Jeeps as new as 2001. But not a lot but they have plenty of resourceful Renix era parts for me. Most still have the AC/heater box plenums. Sadly some moron that worked for them many years back tossed all the Renix engine harnesses. 
I think anyone would be happy to get rid of any part associated with the 2.8L

True. They had it 12-13 years before finding a sucker, um, I mean buyer.
Once the new dash and engines harness were hooked up I was amazed at how much started working right again. Voltage gauge was always off but now is pretty close to accurate.